Texas-San Antonio

Tanning?

Have any of you used the Mystic tan sprays offered at the local tanning salons? I have tried several different types of self tanners, I like the Jergen's foam mousse but its one of the gradual build up and it does rub off on my workout clothes. I've tried L Oreal's wipes and spray as well with awful results. My dermatoligist has threatend me within an inch of my life not to tan but that of course looks most natural on my skin!!! What have you used that looked natural?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tanning?

• edited December 2011
    Umm I meant dermatologist..geez, long day
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm super fair and I did okay with Mystic. Go with the lightest one to start. It will take you several tries before you are able to do it without getting orange knuckles, but I really liked it. Use plenty of barrier cream!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the victoria's secret bare bronze spray...it does not come off on clothes in my experience and it dries very quickly with a natural color. Also Clarins gives a great natural looking color too but it totally comes off on your clothes if you don't let it dry long enough and it takes forever to dry. Your derm is right--at first I thought people are just too paranoid about sun exposure, but we underestimate how much sun we actually are exposed to everyday even if we are wearing clothes and even if it's cloudy. Don't risk a long happy life with FI for skin cancer!
    Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, don't use Loreal...I've had a horrible experience with that, too! I've used Banana Boat spray on and as long as you let it dry long enough it does not come off on close.  However, I do tend to rub it in after I spray to minimize the streaks.  I've never tried a mystic though.  And I don't ever do tanning booths.  I'm too afraid of skin cancer and wrinkles.
  • paith041paith041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done the Mystic before. I'd definitely try it out a few weeks before the wedding just so you can perfect the process. You have to use a lot of barrier cream in the right places and then when you get out you have to rub, rub, rub to make sure you don't end up with any streaks. I always think mine looks best the 2nd day after getting it done. By then any streaks or places with build up have faded. Usually by the 4th day I can't tell that I ever had one. You can do it every frew days to build it up though. One of my BM's did that at my wedding.
    | My Blog l image
  • ohannahbananaohannahbanana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done Mystic as well... and I did two sessions within a couple days of each other, Medium color, for a ball I was going to. I thought I did good, exfoliating in the shower the night before, and with the lotion, but still had splotches. Nothing a loofah couldn't fix though! :) I loved the results and the fading was gradual, didn't peel or anything. That cold spray was a wake up call! I plan on doing Mystic for my wedding, I've always tanned, but I'm too freaked out about skin cancer now.
  • edited December 2011
    I have experienced with a lot of self tanners... I would definately recommend mystic, but not the Darque Tan one (very streaky) Also if you do get a spray on tan... get clear NOT bronze. When you get a spray with a bronze it gets everywhere!! Even after showering or bathing once or twice, clear is the way to go. I have recently tried Nordstroms tanning salon. They do it where someone actually sprays you not a maching and it is amazing! A little pricey, but well worth it for wedding... for a Saturday wedding I would get it on a Thursday for sure. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I enjoy mystic tan but dont add a bronzer when doing it! The first time I used it I had a bronzer added and it came off on my clothes and took a lot of Shout to get out. My Myst is offered at a lot of local salons and works really well too. Versa Spa is also nice, it just offers a different color of tan. I recommend always starting with the lightest color possible and start experimenting at least a month before the wedding. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I use the Victoria's Secret Bronze tan at home and it rocks. I watched a special on the VS Fashion show, and they put it on all of the models. It looks really good. and it doesn't come off on your clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards