Wedding Party

Re: ?

• Why would you cut him from the wedding NOW when it's not until next year, he doesn't have to do anything now, and clearly has something going on?  Your FI should try to fix his friendship, the wedding has nothing to do with it, and you shouldn't be involved at all.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_keep-groomsman-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:27f1ece7-1c8b-47f6-8f69-1ae7fdbcdd45Post:db3bb2c6-2582-4fba-b0c9-5194926c0481">Re: Keep the groomsman or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all i do know that it is my fiances decision, i was only asking for opinions, because he has asked me. He is not worrying about it now, and i was just wondering whether anyone else has had this problem before. Second, I do know we asked them early but everyone does things the way they want.
    Posted by CRaeH314[/QUOTE]
    The point of saying that you asked too early is that people ask here all the time when to ask, and they get upset when we say, "not yet," so posts like yours illustrate why. Yes, you did what you want, but are you really glad you did it this way?<div>
    </div><div>I think your FI needs to try to repair the friendship.  Maybe the guy's going through a personal crisis.  Maybe he's really busy with work or school.  Maybe he's hiking through Panama.  There's no reason whatsoever to make this a wedding issue, so don't.  The best thing you can tell him is that you'll support what he decides, but that you hate to see the friendship devolving and encourage him to make another effort at reconnecting.</div><div>
    </div><div>FWIW, my BMs and I regularly go months without seeing each other, and while I'm emailing one of them daily right now, it would be just as normal to not hear a peep out of any of them until Christmas.  Also, are you and your FI a year or two out of college?  Friendships change DRAMATICALLY when you move out of college and into the real world.  You go from daily talks to sporadic FB messages or maybe monthly emails or phone chats.  It's really not uncommon.  Could that be happening here?</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_keep-groomsman-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:27f1ece7-1c8b-47f6-8f69-1ae7fdbcdd45Post:db3bb2c6-2582-4fba-b0c9-5194926c0481">Re: Keep the groomsman or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all i do know that it is my fiances decision, i was only asking for opinions, because he has asked me. He is not worrying about it now, and i was just wondering whether anyone else has had this problem before. <strong>Second, I do know we asked them early but everyone does things the way they want.</strong>
    Posted by CRaeH314[/QUOTE]
    And I see that that worked out really well for you!

If he's not worrying about it right now, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I answered on the other board.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Why do you think he should be kicked out?  Because he doesn't answer phone calls?   That's hardly a reason to boot someone.  Keep calling.  If he's local go visit.  Let him know that you're concerned about him.  DO NOT mention your wedding at all.  And please don't ask if "he still wants to be in the wedding" which is code for "We don't want you anymore."
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Aren't you more worried about why a close friend is suddenly ignoring you than about how that fits into the plans for a day that's almost a year away?

Focus on the friendship first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards