Wedding Party
Options

Paging CBS News

Somebody need to send CBS corespondent Mark Phillips over here.  This is at the end of a CBS News story about the royal wedding date:

Phillips added that, "The 29th of April is, according to the Church calendar, the Feast of Saint Catherine, so this wedding will be what weddings should be, all about the bride!"
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: Paging CBS News

• Options
    Fabulous. Now everyone is going to come here and say "but they even said on the news that it was all about MEEEEE!!!"
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ::sigh:: they are getting married one week before me.

I know Bermuda is no lavish island for the royals, but it is British and if they go there afterwards or something, I'm going to be rather pissed off. 
  • Options
    I wish I could say I'm surprised.  This announcement has brought a whole slew of bridezilla justification from the mass media.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Joy - I'll cross my fingers they don't honeymoon in Bermuda for you.

Now I'm just waiting to hear all of the news stories about how the "Royal wedding is ruining my day" from all of the London brides that are getting married that Saturday (or even on that day). I know it's not the same day, but logistically that whole week/weekend is going to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    UGH!  Bridezillas alert.  Now we're going to have to deal with: ''Well if the Royals are doing it, so can I''.  I don't even think Kate herself would agree with that statement.  She seems down to earth enough to realize how ridiculous it is.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well the wedding's on a Friday so that will help.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_paging-cbs-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:30f8933c-aa82-4c29-9c82-71ff75525917Post:f620771c-cccf-43b7-95f7-8e657e81f897">Paging CBS News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Somebody need to send CBS corespondent Mark Phillips over here.  This is at the end of a CBS News story about the royal wedding date: Phillips added that, "The 29th of April is, according to the Church calendar, the Feast of Saint Catherine, so this wedding will be what weddings should be, all about the bride!"
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]
    Wait, they can't have it on that day. That's my birthday. They're going to take all the attention away from me!
    They need to change the date or I'm going to be so pissed. How could they not have planned their wedding date better? Don't they care about me at all?

What do I Do??????//
  • Options
    Simply Fated...I just need to say I LOVE the pic :)
  • Options
    Ya, aerin, I just read that.  I also could care less about the royal wedding.  That doesn't mean I don't care about world events or that I had an uncultured upbringing, it just means that I don't care about the royal wedding, really.

I would also care less if I was getting married that day or the next and my guests talked about the royal wedding at my wedding.  I expect most of our guests discussed plenty of other things at my wedding besides my wedding.  I didn't have personal stenographers for each person so I could read what they had discussed all night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_paging-cbs-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:30f8933c-aa82-4c29-9c82-71ff75525917Post:f1412ad5-6384-487a-b359-305c28980f93">Re: Paging CBS News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ya, aerin, I just read that.  I also could care less about the royal wedding.  That doesn't mean I don't care about world events or that I had an uncultured upbringing, it just means that I don't care about the royal wedding, really. I would also care less if I was getting married that day or the next and my guests talked about the royal wedding at my wedding.  I expect most of our guests discussed plenty of other things at my wedding besides my wedding. <strong> I didn't have personal stenographers for each person so I could read what they had discussed all night</strong>.
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

Hello, latest suggestion for a way to honor people that weren't good enough to be in the WP.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Ohhhh, good one Meg!  Especially for that girl yesterday that said she could have 15 BMs!  They can each be assigned a table during the reception and take notes about what everyone was discussing!  What an honor.  You could even buy them a tote bag or clutch with their initials on it to show how much of an honor it is!
  • Options
    And don't forget to include a notepad and pencil, in the wedding colors of course.  What a great gift for them!

I'm pretty pleased with my riposte on CC.  Americentric, my ass.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

Ooh, instead of a pad and pencil, get them tiny typewriters in the wedding colors ... with the words "Bride's Stenographer" written in glitter on the side. It's the most perfectest gift ever, and of course, they will love it (And if they don't, they're sucky friends that you don't need anyway) because it's YOUR SPASHUL DAYYYYYYYY!!!!11!!1!1!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!1!1!

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_paging-cbs-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:30f8933c-aa82-4c29-9c82-71ff75525917Post:df954ec7-3061-4d61-946f-840e5486b614">Re: Paging CBS News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, instead of a pad and pencil, get them tiny typewriters in the wedding colors ... with the words "Bride's Stenographer" written in glitter on the side. It's the most perfectest gift ever, and of course, they will love it (And if they don't, they're sucky friends that you don't need anyway) because it's YOUR SPASHUL DAYYYYYYYY!!!!11!!1!1!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!1!1!
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

I think that it should be a requirement for a BM to go to stenographer's school, and then purchase her own steno machine.  The bride has to choose enough BMs to have one at each table (that takes care of the head table question once and for all), and then, like a court reporter, record all conversations during the reception.

Who cares about requiring specific shoes, jewelry, and hair styles?  Steno machines.  It's all about the steno machines.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Haha, you ladies crack me up! :)

Just for fun:

Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Kristin #'s irritates the crap out of me. She spews nonsense right and left and acts like that's just the way things are done.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Now here's a question? If the bride pays for steno classes, does that count as part of the gift?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_paging-cbs-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:30f8933c-aa82-4c29-9c82-71ff75525917Post:701e7b99-faae-46e9-b9be-5bcc268c0343">Re: Paging CBS News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now here's a question? If the bride pays for steno classes, does that count as part of the gift?
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Of course it is. The bride can't be expected to pay for much more since they need to spend $6k minimum on a dress to have a respectable wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I want to see the dress and the shoes.  thats about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards