Wedding Party
Options

Friday Trivia

What were FDR's radio addresses to the nation called?
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: Friday Trivia

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Fireside chats!!

What is one day (of two) in the year that doesn't have any professional sporting games?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_friday-trivia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:35523fab-7fe1-407f-b78a-7591794a1b0ePost:b79accb1-eaf9-4f81-9095-e0be8efb88b4">Re: Friday Trivia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fireside chats!! What is one day (of two) in the year that doesn't have any professional sporting games?
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Memorial Day?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    nnnnope!

It's the same two days every year, but the dates aren't the same every year. 

(For example, Thanksgiving always happens as the fourth Thursday in November, but that isn't necessarily always November 24th.)
  • Options
    Labor Day? Veteran's Day? Columbus Day? Just throwing guesses here...lol
  • Options
    It's during the baseball season.  It's not a holiday.
  • Options
    The two days before the All Star Game?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Close enough, tldh - day before and day after the all star game.
  • Options
    What two countries have the longest unguarded border in the world?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Canada and Russia...?
  • Options
    No but you're close with one of those countries
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    U.S. and China?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_friday-trivia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:35523fab-7fe1-407f-b78a-7591794a1b0ePost:aecf9075-4c5b-4ef1-81b4-0ab1aef29248">Re: Friday Trivia</a>:
    [QUOTE]U.S. and China?
    Posted by lilianne22[/QUOTE]

Keep guessing.

In the meantime:

<strong>Dave Grohl was the drummer of what groundbreaking band in the 1990s?
    Bonus: What band did he later form that is still going strong?</strong>
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_friday-trivia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:35523fab-7fe1-407f-b78a-7591794a1b0ePost:ddac03ba-4566-444a-8539-f1989e67459e">Re: Friday Trivia</a>:
    [QUOTE]What two countries have the longest unguarded border in the world?
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

India and China?
  • Options
    Nope. One of them is the US.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    US and Canada

Nirvana.  Though I wouldn't call them "groundbreaking," they just got noticed first.

Foo Fighters is back in the studio recording.  I'm not sure if Them Crooked Vultures has plans for a second album.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I call them the party police.  They were the first to get noticed (was a Pearl Jam fan myself) and they wiped out all the hairbands overnight.

Correct about the US and Canada.

Your question Aerin.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Ha!  That's funny.  It was a little before my time, but it's also funny to see how a lot of the hair bands tried to get into the whole grunge thing and failed miserably.

Who was the winner of the first Grammy award for Best Metal Performance?

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_friday-trivia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:35523fab-7fe1-407f-b78a-7591794a1b0ePost:be2af94a-cded-42e8-a9a5-755a2e9960f8">Re: Friday Trivia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha!  That's funny.  It was a little before my time, but it's also funny to see how a lot of the hair bands tried to get into the whole grunge thing and failed miserably. Who was the winner of the first Grammy award for Best Metal Performance?
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Jethro Tull.

<strong>Which album of Metallica's promted Lars Ulrich to say, "Sell out?  Yeah.  We sell out.  Every seat, every arena every night."
    </strong>
    I have to leave for a few hours so everyone else is going to have to keep this going.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    The Black Album?

• Options
    I am no help - music is definitely not my forte.
  • Options
    What was the first music video to air on MTV?

Bonus points: What was the second?

• Options
    "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles...I can't remember the second...
  • Options
    Yup, your turn.

• Options
    Ok, how about a Halloween one? 

The holiday of Samhain, from which Halloween came, was a celebration of what in the Wiccan Calendar?
  • Options
    Video killed the radio star...sorry, I just have that stuck in my head now. :)
  • Options
    Pat Benetar's You Better Run
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards