Texas-San Antonio
Options

Ceremony Reading Suggestions

I would really appreciate any suggestions that you all have for ceremony readings. My FI and I are not all that religious so something more along the lines of poetry or any other type of literature would probably work best. Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Ceremony Reading Suggestions

• Options
    aleos18aleos18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was my favorite out of my readings. We got a lot of compliments on it:"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?" "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit. "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." "Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?" "It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
  • Options
    aleos18aleos18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From "The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery Williams Sorry, I forgot to include this
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved our readings.  They were Robert Fulghum: Union ([url]http://twincitieswedding.blogspot.com/2007/03/reading-union-by-robert-fulghum.html[/url])and Khalil Gibran on Love ([url]http://www.katsandogz.com/onmarriage.html[/url])Good luck!
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used that same velveteen rabbit reading for my wedding.Here is a good resource for a bunch of different ones:[url]http://www.todays-weddings.com/planning/readings.html[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your suggestions and for the helpful link!
  • Options
    Tracy2010Tracy2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you want to use poetry, you can never go wrong with ee cummings. one of my favorites is "i carry your heart with me": i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)i am never without it(anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling) i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards