Wedding Party

BM colors-bari jay, dusty rose vs petal pink

I really like the chiffon BM dress number 643 by Bari Jay:

but am trying to decide between petal pink or dusty rose.  I was curious if anyone has used or is going to use a chiffon dress from Bari Jay in either color and if I could see a pic?

A few of my BMs have fair skin and are a little concerned about the petal pink being too light.  I was able to see a dress in petal pink at the bridal shop but none in dusty rose so I was hoping to compare the 2. 

I wanted to have the belt and flower in brown and the dress in pink...so I originally was going to pick the dusty rose based on the color swatch but I've heard from several ppl the dress might end up darker, so I'm a bit undecided.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: BM colors-bari jay, dusty rose vs petal pink

• oh and i forgot to mention that it's a spring wedding! 
  • Why would it matter if the dress came in a little darker?  If the BMs are more comfortable with a darker shade, I think you should go with the darker shade.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Here's a radical thought: have the BMs try the colors on and see what looks best.  I completely changed my wedding colors after seeing the color I'd initially picked out looked AWFUL on the BMs, so we found a new color that looked amazing.  A general rule of thumb for people with fair skin (like yours truly) is the darker the better (i.e. no pastels).

And if a couple dresses come in darker, ask yourself: what is the worst thing that could possibly happen?  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I would default to the darker color, more than likely it will be more flattering on everyone.  (But let everyone try it on first.)  And if it isn't exactly the same shade as your napkins or the ribbon on your invitations or whatever, who cares?  You're the only person in the entire world that would notice, and that's in the unlikely event that you even notice at all.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • The dusty rose will work better for them, and probably even better if it turns out darker than expected.  I think brown dresses with dusty rose for the sash and bouquets would also be pretty if pink is a color that's hard to wear for them.
  • Personally, I'd shop with the BMs to see what looks best on them.  When you pick a dress that isn't in a neutral, you really want to make sure that it's in a color that flatters.

Otherwise, I'd go with a dress in a neutral with a pink sash.

• Go to a salon that carried Bari Jay and let the girls try on a dress in both colors.  It doesn't matter if it's THE dress.  You're looking for color choice here, not style.  Then you'll know.

IMO, I'd like the dusty rose better, but I prefer more vibrant colors to pastels.  Perhaps because I'm very fair skinned and blonde, and pale colors make me disappear.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • So call around to the local bridal salons until you can find one that has any dusty rose dresses in stock, if you want to see it in person before you buy.  If the darker pink still isn't flattering, then you could do the brown dress with a pink sash.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Actually, looking at the website, I would definitely say no to petal pink, it's WAY too pale and will look really bad on anyone with fair skin or a warm skin tone.  If I were you, I'd do either the dusty rose or the chanel.  (As a fair-skinned person myself, I'd lean toward the chanel, because even the dusty rose would probably wash me out.)

• Hi! I'm considering these two colors as well. What did u end up picking? Do u have any pictures? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards