Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

What was the last cd you bought?

Did you register for fine china/are you going to?

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding?

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What was the last cd you bought? I'm not sure, I think it was about 4 years ago.

Did you register for fine china/are you going to? No, I don't think we would use it.  The casual china I liked wasn't classic enough that I knew I'd love it for decades.

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding? White lilies and roses for me, lilies and blue delphinium for the WP.

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? Bouquets
  • Options
    A christmas CD about 2 years ago from the Renaissance Festival.. its a guy playing the organ made of bells.. I can't remember the name of the instrument. Its awesome.

Nope, have my grandmothers, and while it isn't my taste, it will work.

Purple calla lillies and white orchids, but I probably won't have any. Im too cheap.

They may carry parasols, fans, or lanterns. We haven't discussed it in detail yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Stina- What's up with the 2 usernames for you? I saw one on the Ring Bearer post and it was your email address, which i personally wouldn't put out there. I thought it might be a TK glitch. Or maybe you are working on an AE?? ;) Just thought I'd point it out in case you don't want your email addy out there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I think my beebee-ness is going to show.  backstreet boys, about a month ago.

Yes, Mikasa.

I want peonies in my bouquet, and hydranges and roses for centerpieces/ BM bouquets, etc.

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? I will give them bouquets.
  • Options
    LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2009
    The Skels, a NJ Irish punk band.

We did, but didn't get enough and it was too expensive to finish the set, so we returned what we got and used the credit for other registry items we needed more.  We did get our entire everyday set of china, which I adore, so I wasn't *too*  upset.  Someday when we've got the dough, we'll buy the fancy stuff I want.

Ah, the flowers.  Originally, I was thinking wildflowers, but then ended up with a dress that was way too formal for that.  So then I was thinking ivory roses and blue hydrangea.  But then at the florist, I saw the astilbes and changed the color scheme.  The flowers changed a couple more times due to availability issues, and in the end, it went like this:  My bouquet was all white - roses, freesias, lady's mantle, French lilacs, white genista.  The BM bouquets, chuppah, & centerpieces were black beauty roses, white freesias, lavender French lilacs, pink genista, and lady's mantle.

Bouquets.
  • Options
    What was the last cd you bought?  I can't remember that far back.  It's been a long, long time.  FI just bought the new Them Crooked Vultures, though.

Did you register for fine china/are you going to?  We registered for some at BB&B.  I'm kind of thinking of removing it, though.  We're not really the entertaining type.

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding?  Roses made of pages from our favorite books.  Most of them will be white, with a few black roses scattered in.

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry?  Bouquets.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I have no idea.  I didn't buy CDs much before MP3s.  Now, I never do.  I'm sure I bought a CD from some band in a bar at some point.

I did.  We only got two sets, so I was really thinking of returning it, but my mom said she'd start giving us some of it every year for Christmas until it is complete.

We used purple orchids (little ones, I forgot their names) dark pink lilies and light pink and white roses.

My girls carried bouquets.  I'm still in love with them.

• Options
    I don't remember the title, but it was the one The Killers put out last winter

No, I didn't register for anything ... which worked out surprisingly well for me

FI's cousin is our florist and I kinda just gave him some minimal guidelines and told him to "Go nuts, but keep it under budget", so he picked white hydrangeas, blue lilacs, sterling roses, white stephanotis, and there's these tiny purple flowers that I can't remember the name of thrown in there. Also, there's going to be pearls mixed in.

The girls are getting the same flowers as me. My bouquet is going to be more of the white flowers with a little of the blue/purple (Also, my stephs are getting "blinged" ... it actually looks really pretty ... FI's cousin will not allow my flowers to be Klassy). The girls' bouquets are going to be a little smaller than mine, and have more of the purple and blue with only a little white (And "not-blinged" stephs).

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I bought 3 on the same day many months ago, Avenged Sevenfold, Queen, and 3 Days Grace. I mostly use itunes now though BEP's "I Gotta Feeling" was the last song I downloaded.

Did you register for fine china/are you going to? We registered for "casual" dinnerware. It's supposed to be for everyday use but it costs just as much as fine china and I don't know why.

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding? Roses and maybe also Tulips for MOH's bouquet (I need to start a post for advice on that).

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? Bouquets
  • Options
    Imogen Heap - "Ellipse"

I had originally but have since removed it from our (not yet publicized) registry. I changed my mind.

A mix of ranunculous, peonies, and roses for me. Some gerbera daisies for the BMs mixed with some other stuff.

Boquets.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3d72e9f5-c17a-409f-b244-e2d492cbfeb6Post:33cbea8b-a0c7-49ed-ae2d-766e43d51a6e">WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the last cd you bought?  <strong>Susan Boyle

</strong>Did you register for fine china/are you going to? <strong>No. 

</strong>What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding?<strong> I'm bad with flowers.  Ivory roses, calla liliesa few more that had purple .

</strong>Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? <strong>bouquets

</strong>Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I can't remember!  Ugh.

Yes!  Kilbarry Platinum by Waterford

Hydrangeas - cream, green and blue

Bouquets.  I jokingly told them that they were going to wear crowns of flowers though. 

• Options
    What was the last cd you bought? About 2 years ago I bought a CD for FI, but I can't remember which...

Did you register for fine china/are you going to? I have fine china that I bought before we met, but we did register for some accent and completer pieces...

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding? I wanted lilies and lavendar (my favorites, and the first flowers FI ever gave me.) We are having calla lillies, stock (looks like lavendar), and evergreen\pine-y stuff.

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? My BM will have a bouquet and my daughters will have pomanders.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3d72e9f5-c17a-409f-b244-e2d492cbfeb6Post:33cbea8b-a0c7-49ed-ae2d-766e43d51a6e">WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the last cd you bought?[/QUOTE]
     The soundtrack to "Wicked: A New Musical" I finally got sick of listening to the crappy versions on You Tube.
    [QUOTE]Did you register for fine china/are you going to?[/QUOTE]
     I'm not sure if we're going to...probably, but nothing that looks to floral-y or anything.
    [QUOTE]What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding?[/QUOTE]
     I want a mix of all different purples and white flowers.
    [QUOTE]Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry?[/QUOTE]
    I think we are going to do bouquets.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3d72e9f5-c17a-409f-b244-e2d492cbfeb6Post:b6f87957-1eb6-4f7a-aa78-f0ad26f1ab8e">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the last cd you bought? About 2 years ago I bought a CD for FI, but I can't remember which... Did you register for fine china/are you going to? I have fine china that I bought before we met, but we did register for some accent and completer pieces... What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding? I wanted lilies and lavendar (my favorites, and the first flowers FI ever gave me.) We are having calla lillies, stock (looks like lavendar), and evergreen\pine-y stuff. Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry? My BM will have a bouquet and my daughters will have pomanders.
    Posted by yellow_grace[/QUOTE]
    There was a short stint when we were going to use lavender too, but then the florist couldn't get it for me last minute and we ended up with the pink genista.
  • Options
    What was the last cd you bought?   I was handed one when I bought gift cards at Starbucks.  Does that count?  Not a clue what is on it.

Did you register for fine china/are you going to? No, I have two sets of china from my grandparents and between me and FI we can host a party of 20 without breaking out the college/hand-me down casual dishes.

What flowers do you want/did you use for the wedding?  Bright pink peonies.  I started with Calla lilies, but the color might not be quite pink enough!

Did you give your girls bouquets or something else to carry?  Bouquets - Light pink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards