Wedding Party
Options

Ideas for asking someone to be in your wedding

I am getting married next June, but I wanted to ask my two friends to be in my wedding now so that they have time to save money for the dress (one just lost her job and the other is a mom to three kids) I wanted them to be able to save money and not feel like they have no time to get the dress. The one that is a mom lives 1 1/2 hours away and I am seeing her next Thursday so I thought that it would be great to ask her then. I was in her wedding 7 years ago and she gave me a card asking me to be her MOH. I am trying to find something that I can do that would be special instead of just asking her. Any ideas? Also, both girls are going to be MOH (one a maid and one a matron, because I couldn't pick between the two) now the question is, who stands beside me and has the role of MOH? Any thoughts on that? Thanks

Re: Ideas for asking someone to be in your wedding

• Options
    Just ask.  Not everything has to be a production and I think most of us appreciated the friends and family who just asked.  As for them being able to afford a dress, what is spent is determined by them.  When it comes time to get the dresses, you need to ask each one privately what their budget (including alterations) is.  The one with the lowest number sets the ceiling for the budget.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Just ask them either face-to-face or over the phone if they live OOT. No extra gimmicks or cute cards necessary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-asking-someone-to-be-in-your-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:4089de5e-549d-403c-a75e-fe82d5642f27Post:22922205-3501-4fe2-b60d-ad117c0689fa">Ideas for asking someone to be in your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married next June, but I wanted to ask my two friends to be in my wedding now so that they have time to save money for the dress (one just lost her job and the other is a mom to three kids) I wanted them to be able to save money and not feel like they have no time to get the dress. The one that is a mom lives 1 1/2 hours away and I am seeing her next Thursday so I thought that it would be great to ask her then. I was in her wedding 7 years ago and she gave me a card asking me to be her MOH. I am trying to find something that I can do that would be special instead of just asking her. Any ideas? Also, both girls are going to be MOH (<strong>one a maid and one a matron, because I couldn't pick between the two) now the question is, who stands beside me and has the role of MOH? Any thoughts on that? Thanks
    </strong>Posted by rachel28212[/QUOTE]

You made them both MOH.  One can stand behind you during the ceremony and the other can either give a toast(if she wants to) and sign the marriage license.
  • Options
    Also, don't assume anything about their finances.  Once you ask them to be in the wedding, you need to speak with each girl individually and ask her what she's comfortable spending on a dress.  Then you shop within that price range. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    j-harveyj-harvey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards