July 2012 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Booked!

So FI and I are are using our combined income tax returns to go to Florida for our honeymoon.  Considering we didn't think we were getting anything - we're thrilled! I haven't been to Disney since I was 7 - he hasn't been in like eight years.

We're flying out Sunday(I get one free round trip plane ticket for having soo many credit card points) - and then renting a car (which we'll have half of the days free - again due to credit card points) - and then staying in a house in Kissimmee Florida with a private pool.

We'll go to Disney World for four days, and then either Seaworld or Universal Studios, and then Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. :o)

We wanted to stay at  Disney resort - but it was just too expensive. The room alone was over 1000 for the week - and didn't even have a microwave...so we would have had to have dine-out options for EVERY meal - even breakfast.  The house rental is only 675 (And they're giving us one free extra day - we'll leave Monday instead of Sunday)  and we get our own pool. :o)

your private heated pool  { 30X16 feet}
partial front view of property
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Booked!

• Options
    Sounds wonderful and I LOVE a great deal! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Woo hoo, sounds awesome! 

That's great that you get to use points for travel too, that makes a huge difference. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-booked-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3ad502a0-d61f-4070-bcf0-c5898364e2aePost:9036451e-a60a-44f0-84c3-2406c3711327">Re: Honeymoon Booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo hoo, sounds awesome!  That's great that you get to use points for travel too, that makes a huge difference. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Mmhm. Saved us 300 on the plane ticket. And with gas how it is - I do think it will be more economical to fly (and we'll have extra time too...instead of losing almost 3entire days just in travel). :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those are some amazing deals! Congrats! Plus that house and pool looks gorgeous!
  • Options
    Those are amazing deals! It sounds like you will have a blast.

Anniversary
  • Options
    wow what a great deal, congrats!!!!
  • Options
    wow - what an incredible honeymoon!! congrats on the check - you guys will have a blast!! 
  • Options
    That sounds awesome & so much better than what we will probably be doing.  I am totally jealous!  Way to get some awesome deals to!  I bet you will have an amazing time!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get much further than the picture of the pool. I love the pool.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm 27 and I still love going to Disney! You will have so much fun! Don't you wish it was July already??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-booked-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3ad502a0-d61f-4070-bcf0-c5898364e2aePost:957db803-4ebc-417c-9455-44b4e0d383f9">Re: Honeymoon Booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! I'm 27 and I still love going to Disney! You will have so much fun! Don't you wish it was July already??
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I so wish it was July.... Bright--your HM sounds great!  I would love that vacation right now.  Doesn't help that my parents are currently on a flight  to Florida without me.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    So happy I think everyone deserves a HM or at least a mini moon for a couple of nights to just relax and have fun ;)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_honeymoon-booked-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3ad502a0-d61f-4070-bcf0-c5898364e2aePost:453af615-73a6-48ae-91ee-e3ecde721bf0">Re: Honeymoon Booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oohhh!!!! You should come & meet me!!!  haha we'll have a lil mini knottie GTG!!!  I'm in the Patrick AirForce Base area!!  which is south of the Kennedy Space Center!! You know you wanna!!!!  but I understand if you don't want any company on your HM!! teehee!
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

FI is already creeped out when I talk about girls on the Knot - He'd be like "Seriously??" :o) How's the weather in July? Hot, obviously, but otherwise?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome! I love FL and everytime we go we always rent a house, IMO it is the way to go! Have fun!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of my best friends just got back from a Disney trip with her fiance and she said they had the time of their lives.... you guys are gonna have SO MUCH FUN. 

She said that fast pass (or whatever they call it) was worth the extra money at the parks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards