Wedding Party
Options

Gifts?

Sorry, I'm new to this particular board, so I apologize if this is a repeat post...

What are you doing as gifts for your wedding party?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gifts?

• Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2009
    The general consensus that you are going to get on this board is to shop like it is their birthday.  The gifts don't need to match, and they should reflect their style more than yours.

I bought each of my girls their favorite booze and a matching accessory (margarita pitcher/wine glasses/etc.)
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2009
    They're each getting a tote bag (an everyday handbag-type of tote, not anything monogrammed), a book, makeup bags, a couple small things, probably a gift card to a store they each like, and I said I'd put $30 each toward their dresses.

I am hoping to also contribute to their hair or makeup payments on the wedding day (I gave them the option to get it done or not, and they said they wanted to do it ... had I required it to be professionally done, then I would've paid in full).

Oh, and I also want to get them pashminas and clutch purses, but that's not really a gift since it's for my wedding (although hopefully they can use them in the future, too).
  • Options

Shop like it is their birthday.  My gifts included:  sword, dragon plaque, dragon figure, massage, vs lotions, and new book by favorite author.

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Oh, I also paid for everyone's hair. (It wasn't required and I also extended the invite to my SIL who was a reader, my mother and my MIL)
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    They originally said that me paying for hair could be a gift.

For me that wasn't OK so I paid for their hair and then bought them necklaces that I thought they'd like (not that were required wedding wear).
  • Options
    General consensus is shop like it's their birthday, and something that's for your wedding doesn't count.

I haven't decided quite yet.  My girls are all pretty big readers, so perhaps I'll get them each a nice leatherbound volume of a book I think they'd like, or maybe just a hefty Borders gift card.  We'll see.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Check in my married bio. I have a whole section with pictures as to what I got mine. I also paid for their hair and makeup but it wasn't part of their gift. The jewelry that I did buy was not mandatory for my wedding at all. My girls felt awesome because they got pampered and weren't expected to do any crappy "jobs."
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards