Wedding Party
Options

1 BM in, 1 more to go

After a lot of thinking, I decided on who I really wanted to be in the wedding (June 2013) as opposed to who I felt "had" to be in the wedding. I narrowed it down to 2 of my closest friends, one who lives close by and one who lives out of state. I asked the one who lives close by in person, she said yes, we cried, great stuff. Now, the first opportunity I'll have to ask the other from out of state won't be until early September. Is that too late? Should I just call her up and ask so there isn't this awkward time between asking the two girls, does it not even matter how long is in between? I'm thinking it doesn't matter but I don't know if there is an ettiquete or rule to all this.

Re: 1 BM in, 1 more to go

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_1-bm-in-1-more-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:480f88f8-764c-49a7-a9c7-b5f7e1508c25Post:a79d922b-a3df-4d2d-92f8-667e7fd9be04">1 BM in, 1 more to go</a>:
    [QUOTE]After a lot of thinking, I decided on who I really wanted to be in the wedding (June 2013) as opposed to who I felt "had" to be in the wedding. I narrowed it down to 2 of my closest friends, one who lives close by and one who lives out of state. I asked the one who lives close by in person, she said yes, we cried, great stuff. Now, the first opportunity I'll have to ask the other from out of state won't be until early September. Is that too late? Should I just call her up and ask so there isn't this awkward time between asking the two girls, does it not even matter how long is in between? I'm thinking it doesn't matter but I don't know if there is an ettiquete or rule to all this.
    Posted by chrissyb1113[/QUOTE]

1) Is she possibly going to hear somehow, from you or through the grapevine, that the other girl has been asked?
    2) Is she the kind of person that would go into a dramatic tizzy if she finds out that this person's been asked and she hasn't yet?

If yes to both, pick up the phone.  If you think she won't find out about the gap, or wouldn't care if she did know, I think you're safe to wait until September.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My bridesmaids are coming from all over the country and I knew there were several I wouldn't see between getting engaged and the wedding. I made and sent them all a sweet little "will you be my bridesmaid" card. I only got to give one in person. They each called me when they received it to say yes.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Options
    September isn't too late to ask a BM to be in your wedding. However, I would call her up now and ask her. If she is a true friend she won't find it odd/out of the ordinary that you asked her via phone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So majority says I should just call her up - just out of curiousity, why? If it doesn't matter when I ask her, why should I rush to it on the phone? Just looking for the reason here since I'm still undecided on this. (She's also under a lot of stress with a new job, so maybe I should wait until things calm down for her a bit.) Annddd, she's in a wedding this coming October and most likely will be in one in the fall of next year... maybe she tired of being asked and would rather not haha :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards