Wedding Party
Options

Oh silly Knot

Just got an e-mail telling me my wedding is 2 months away (ahhh!) and giving me the usual tips...including links to party ideas and themes for my bridal shower and bach party which apparently "should be coming up."

And here we all are, telling brides they shouldn't be planning their own pre-wedding parties!

Re: Oh silly Knot

• Options
    Silly, silly knot. Now you can get all depressed about the lack of excitement about your wedding and come vent to us. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, those biatches are only coming for the wedding. Not flying from the US to Chile beforehand to have a bridal shower OR bachelorette. I'm cutting all of them and asking new Chile friends to replace them...although Chileans don't do these parties, so I should probably make them a manual so they know what I expect. Thanks for your support, Sarah!!!111!!!11!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sarah, you can totally throw your own shower. And put your registry info on your invite.....better yet, why don't you just cut to the chase and write no boxed gifts please.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    And then at my shower, I can just put a little piggy bank by the door for all my non-boxed gifts.. and then I'll give all the guests a little thankyou note they can fill out and i can mail it to them the next day.. and maybe I'll get enough cash to pay for the cake and all the other stuff my crappy parents won't pay for.. just because I'm 30 and I make more than them.. AS if!
  • Options
    You're getting married exactly a month before a rather important day for me!!

Don't forget a dress with pockets.   You'll need it to store the cash.
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    OOOH, I forgot about that Banana.. my dress doesn't have pockets. Guess I'll have to get a second one for the reception that I don't mind people pinning money to for hte dollar dance. Haven't you heard, its a great way to finance your honeymoon!
     Andplusalso I can't have them spilling all their liquor from the cash bar on my $12K dress that I am just wearing for a 15 minute ceremony!11!!!!11!!!!!!

end sarcasm font/ I have only been on TK for like 4 months Since I got engaged).. It amazes me how much great entertainment I have been missing..
  • Options
    Banana, I'm probably being a bit slow, but what's April 6?

I'm totally asking my seamstress if she can add pockets at my fitting next week...you guys give the best advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards