Wedding Party
Options

Need help with alternate title for flower girl & others

My 12 year old niece will be carrying a banner instead of flowers in my ceremony.  How should she be listed on the program?  Banner Carrier?  Herald?  Also, what do you call the person that is rolling out the aisle runner?  Usher?

Re: Need help with alternate title for flower girl & others

• Options
    I'd just list everyone under Wedding Party.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-with-alternate-title-for-flower-girl-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:4bd68089-866b-4047-bd58-c746086acec7Post:2f769761-f2fa-45a0-8ddc-81ec6a32137e">Need help with alternate title for flower girl & others</a>:
    [QUOTE]My 12 year old niece will be carrying a banner instead of flowers in my ceremony.  How should she be listed on the program?  Banner Carrier?  Herald?  Also, <strong>what do you call the person that is rolling out the aisle runne</strong>r?  Usher?
    Posted by auntniece[/QUOTE]

I don't think I understand this..sorry I've never seen it done.  Does this person unroll the aisle runner before everybody processes?  I've also seen it set up before guests arrived and they just blocked off the aisle.  In that case I wouldn't call the person anything.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    xnaly35xnaly35 member
    First Comment
    I am using Mini Maid. My niece thinks that she is going to be too old to be a flower girl and she loves this title. 
  • Options
  • Options
    I was the "Junior Bridesmaid" in my uncles wedding a few years ago. I was probably about 12 and to old to be a flower girl, but to young to be a bridesmaid. I carried a smaller bouquet than the other bridesmaids and had a flower halo.
    She could be your junior bridesmaid!
    Trying to Conceive TickerPersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-with-alternate-title-for-flower-girl-others?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:4bd68089-866b-4047-bd58-c746086acec7Post:5a69dcfd-ed58-41d1-94b4-224df6db65c9">Re: Need help with alternate title for flower girl & others</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Too young to be a bridesmaid"?  That's not true.  There are no age limits on attendants.  A bridesmaid walks down an aisle, holds flowers, and smiles.  It doesn't take much maturity to do that, which is why the  "junior bridesmaid" title puzzles me.  I'm 48, and never even heard that term until The Knot. I guess my marriage wasn't valid, then, because my Maid of Honor was my twelve-year-old stepdaughter.  She didn't find the job too much for her age.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Theres nothing wrong with having a young bridesmiad, but my aunt did not want me to be a regular bridesmaid because I was so young. She actually wanted me to be the flower girl but I told her I was to old to be the flower girl so me made me a junior bridesmaid instead.
    Trying to Conceive TickerPersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards