Wedding Party

Re: A

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Why would she be offended to be asked?  If the two of you aren't close or don't actually like each other, maybe your FI should ask her to stand on his side instead.  I had my brother on my side because he and DH don't get along, saved a world of stress and drama.

ETA: His side, not your side.  Sorry, that bit's kind of important...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I don't think there is any set protocol. But, a heartfelt written note (handwritten not e-mail) saying how important they are to your life and how you would honored with their presence goes along way.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Ask her in person if you can.  Or in my case, I got FI to ask her but I was present.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    We asked on the phone together.  FI and I both get along really well with each other's siblings and wanted to have them all in the bridal party (we each have one brother and one sister), but we made the call together (she lives in a different state, so we would have had to wait to ask in person and I am searching for affordable (clearance!) bridesmaid dresses so wanted to give people the heads up).
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards