Wedding Party

Re: t

• I'm going to give you three pieces of advice:

1) Don't buy your WP matching velour track suits unless you guys do that sort of thing anyway.

2) Don't type in text-speak on a message board; few people will take you seriously.

3) Google has a great shopping feature.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • tldhtldh member
    2500 Comments
    edited November 2010
    Didn't we cover this a few months ago? As I recall, that thread got pretty heated.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Yeah Tricia, that was the Juicy Track Suit thread. The idea went over like a lead balloon. But I think the OP said whatever it's my day I'll do what I want.
  • I don't care if it says "Juicy" on the butt. The words "velour track suit" should never be used, especially not in conjunction with a "gift" you think you're getting someone. How about tshirts or something?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    2500 Comments
    edited November 2010
    Try Google ... and I believe Victoria's Secret sells them.

But, word of caution: if you're buying these just for a photo-op while getting dressed for the wedding, or as some type of "uniform" for the bach party, then this is not an actual "gift" to your bridesmaids, it's an accessory for your wedding.

I'm not saying don't buy them, I'm just saying this can't be considered their actual gift for being in your wedding. Be sure to also get them a gift that is individually personal to each of them.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • OP, as PPs said it's all about knowing the audience.

If your friends are the type to like them then go for it - just know that if you require they wear them then they aren't presents. 

You can try Old Navy or even Overstock.

I'd leave them plain - and remember that when it comes to day-of stuff, you want to make sure that you're in a button down or zip down item.  That may mean that they're not wearing anything under the track suit top.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    10000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    Mel: DH is incapable of referring to them as Heelies.  It's always "Fuccking Heelies," as if that were the proper brand name. 

If they would actually wear something like a track suit, I think it's fine, though it should be in colors that they would also like, not your wedding colors.  If they're not track suit people and you're just looking for a photo op, I'd save your money.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I really found this quite funny, that so many of you found the need to tell me what i should or shouldn't do for my wedding, or how to write my post so that i do not come across like a moron.

I simply asked the question about locating track suits, all are entitled to their own opinions however; my question was simply if any one knew where i could find them not whether or not it is a good idea or insults. 

In either case thank you for those that had good comments to say and to the others do as you please with your weddings and i will do as i please with mine
  • What, you didn't get your WP matching personalized velour tracksuits?  I even had "Bridesmaid" embroidered on the butt, just so they knew that their asses were mine during the planning process :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_track-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:509fed58-5e98-4447-b300-9559ac1cd8b1Post:e9d9c56b-cf0e-41dd-8069-84110fe895c3">Re: track suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really found this quite funny, that so many of you found the need to tell me what i should or shouldn't do for my wedding, or how to write my post so that i do not come across like a moron. I simply asked the question about locating track suits, all are entitled to their own opinions however; my question was simply if any one knew where i could find them not whether or not it is a good idea or insults.  In either case thank you for those that had good comments to say and to the others do as you please with your weddings and i will do as i please with mine
    Posted by jbersier[/QUOTE]

JIC

Who said or implied that you are a moron??  That's some serious reading between the lines there.

We can comment on anything you put out there.  That's the purpose of a public message board - the answer isn't only for you.  And those of use who have been here can see a big down side to some things that brides are blind to - which is why we mention them.  What you were told is to only do this if velour track suits are something your BP would wear anyway.  The reason we volunteered this warning is because we all remember the epic heated thread a few months ago that I mentioned in my post.

And in the future, show some courtesy and don't dirty delete.  Whether you liked the answers or not, it's just insulting to those who answered.  Our answers aren't only for you, they are for others who may have the same question and use the search mechanism at the bottom of the thread to find an answer.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_track-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:509fed58-5e98-4447-b300-9559ac1cd8b1Post:87cccdfa-64e9-48c0-b996-fd922919c7a1">Re: track suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah Tricia, that was the Juicy Track Suit thread. The idea went over like a lead balloon. But I think the OP said whatever it's my day I'll do what I want.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

wow.  same attitude from OP on this one also.  I stand by my opinion on the question of the day on this.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Re: Moron...maybe she confused the quote from Cracked in my siggy with a comment about her?
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Thanks!  I think I'm going to change the formatting a bit so "moron" isn't dangling by itself at the bottom.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards