Wedding Party
Options

Never been to a wedding before....BM dress colors and wedding colors?

As I said I've never been to a wedding before so I don't know if this will look weird to people or not. Anyways my BM dresses are purple but nothing else in my wedding is purple. My reception is going to have a shabby chic style, so there will be a few different colors like pink, peachy orange, and aqua. Will this be strange that the dresses will not tie in with anything? I have a couple pics to show you one of the BM color and the other of my reception.

Re: Never been to a wedding before....BM dress colors and wedding colors?

• Options
    I don't think it will look bad, they are all the same tones, almost pastel, so your color palette will flow together.

What about throwing some purple in there to tie it all together? It can be somethng simple lke ribbons or something, just a hint, don't make purple overtake the color scheme.

But, I think it would be fine.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think it will be fine.  Purple sort of flows with the rest of the colors, and with the shabby chic theme.  I mean, if you said shabby chic and wanted them to wear neon orange dresses, it would look weird, but purple will just flow. 

Remember, there are no rules about things like color.  As long as you are happy with it, it will be fine.  
  • Options
    My BMs wore coral.  With the exception of their dresses, there was no other coral in the wedding.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    As mags said, if you wanted everything to tie together you could do a little bit of purple accent in the tables (maybe purple ribbons around the vases, or purple napkins or something), and your girls could carry pink and peach flowers.  But that's not necessary if you don't want to go that route, if the dresses are the only purple it will look fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My BM dresses are copper. Originally I was going to have them be chocolate brown, but the dress everyone liked only comes in copper. So I'm going with a few metallics - bronze, copper, gold, and hints of orange and red. I'm just winging it and hoping it all falls together!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards