Texas-San Antonio

Vendor Reviews

Sorry this took me so long to finish! Hopefully these reviews will help some of you out. :o) Please let me know if you have questions about anything. I also have more reviews and more details in my wedding bio.

Venue and Food: Canyon Springs Golf Club - A++
I was very very happy we had our wedding here. Everything went extremely smoothly. The grounds are gorgeous, which made our outdoor ceremony very beautiful. Brenda, the event coordinator, was great to work with the whole time, very helpful and good at answering my questions. Our servers on the day of the wedding were very nice, professional, and attentive. The food was also delicious. I can tell they all worked very hard and it really made our night wonderful.

DJ: Music Connection - A
We got DJ Brian for our wedding. He did the ceremony and the reception. I thought he did a really great job at keeping people on the dance floor. He tried out a few different genres and whatever worked he would adapt his playlist to that. He also took requests from guests, which was fun. He did butcher our last name for the entrance to the reception, but it wasn't a big deal. He also kept everything on track and helped us move from one thing to the next very smoothly.

Wedding Cake: Sweet Traditions - A++
Lynda is such a doll. She's so sweet and fun and great to work with. She did an amaaaazing job on our cake. It was truly gorgeous, and we got so many compliments on it. It also tasted really good, which is kind of a big deal too. ;o) I would highly recommend her.

Groom's Cake: Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery - A-
The cake itself turned out great. The decoration looked awesome, and it tasted even better. The only reason I'm giving them a minus is because of their disorganization leading up to the wedding. They couldn't find my order, and then had some trouble getting my design. It all worked out though and I would still recommend them.

Hair/Make-up: Mary E Coop - A+
I found Mary on craigslist and was nervous about that until I met her. She is so much fun, so bubbly and friendly. She did an excellent job on my hair and make-up for both my bridals and the wedding. She also brought a friend on the wedding day so things went more quickly. She ended up doing 7 hairs and like 5 make-ups, and everyone looked great. I really felt beautiful. :o) She has great prices as well, and comes to your location at no extra cost. I would definitely recommend her.

Florist:  Eden's Echo - A+
Erin did an excellent job with all of the flowers. I thought they were beautiful, and my BMs loved their bouquets. Her prices are reasonable as well and she will work with your budget. She is also great with communication, which is really nice.

Photographer: Josh Fowler Photography - A++
I haven't gotten our pro pictures yet, but everything they've done so far has been outstanding. Josh and Emily make a very fun team. We really wanted two photographers, our pictures on CDs, and a reasonable price. They provided that, plus have an excellent style and personality. Our engagement pictures and my bridal portraits were beautiful. We were really pleased with how they turned out. Now I can't wait to see our wedding photos!

Tux: Men's Wearhouse at Huebner Oaks - A
Nothing special here, but no problems either. Tyler looked great in his tux and it was ready about 6 days before. Easy pick up and return.

Alterations: Joan's Alterations on De Zavala - A-
I brought my dress here for a hem and bustle. I thought they did a great job on the hem, and when I tried it on in the store I liked the bustle. I guess I must just have not really looked at it though, because when I tried on my dress the day before to have my sister learn the bustle, we couldn't get it right. It was too long and dragged on the ground a lot. I think it was part my fault for not realizing it sooner, but I wish they would have known how much longer it was than the front when they made it. The price was great though, and I didn't end up having trouble with my bustle, so I'd still recommend them.

Rehearsal Dinner: Carino's at Blanco and 1604 - A+
I was very pleased with our dinner here. The food was delicious, the service was great, and we had a really fun time. The prices were great too since we went with the party pan option. I think we only paid around $7-8 per person for their entree. We also brought in our own cakes and they cut and plated those for us too, which was very nice. Highly recommend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards