Wedding Party
Options

Wedding party

Where do i go on here to start my wedding party list??

Re: Wedding party

• Options
    ditto retread.  If by "wedding party" you mean the people standing next to you as you say your vows, I would wait, wait, and then wait some more before asking for a 2012 wedding.  Why?

Scroll thought this board to see the posts from people who asked this early and now want to know how to kick someone out of the WP.  Yes, I know:  these are your BFFs!!!!!!!!! that you've been friends with since nursery school.  These are your sorority sisters with whom you'll be friends for the rest of your life.  This is your cousin who's been like a sister to you, and the relationship(s) will never, ever change. 

Except that they do.  Often.  As I said:  read posts on this board.  Then go over to the Wedding Party board.  You'll hear the same thing.  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.

There is nothing for a WP to do now anyway, so there's nothing to be gained by asking already.  There is, however, a LOT to be gained by waiting.

We've had countless posts here from people regretting their decision to ask to early.  We've never had a post from someone who has regretted waiting to ask.  That should tell you something!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Do you mean your wedding party or your guest list?  Two very different things.  If you mean your wedding party, you don't need a list, but seeing as you joined TK yesterday, and your post count is low, don't pick your wedding party until 6-9 months before the wedding.

As for your guest list, you can use TK's Guest List manager under Knot Tools.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    My wedding is in June 2012...but I have asked people that I KNOW will be in my life forever. I have my sister, my cousin, my two childhood friends that I have known for 14 years, and two sorority sisters who I have kept in contact with over the years. No new people. I am leaving the option open for them to dip out if they become pregnant or can't afford it WITHOUT any hard feelings. I realize that things change in life and finances may be an issue later on.

That is just my advice :) Do what you feel is best for you!
  • Options
    klapham..I truly hope that works out for you, but you really shouldn't have asked this far out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Why would a bridesmaid need to "dip out", as you put it, because she's pregnant?  Are you thinking a baby bump would ruin the esthetics of your day?  Pregnant women can be bridesmaids, too, you know.  That's why they make maternity bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:585f1ceb-e7ff-4d00-94ff-ed17fa4a6049Post:00dbddfa-3bb2-493a-9fe3-b18f7ba6af54">Re: Wedding party</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is in June 2012...but I have asked people that I KNOW will be in my life forever. I have my sister, my cousin, my two childhood friends that I have known for 14 years, and two sorority sisters who I have kept in contact with over the years. No new people.<strong> I am leaving the option open for them to dip out if they become pregnant</strong> or can't afford it WITHOUT any hard feelings. I realize that things change in life and finances may be an issue later on. That is just my advice :) Do what you feel is best for you!
    Posted by klapham[/QUOTE]

Why in the world would someone need to "dip out" (that's a new and inventive phrase) if they get pregnant?  You do know that pregnant women are perfectly capable of walking a straight line from the back of the church to the front, right?  And that they are perfectly capable of participating in a ceremony as well.

As for people that you KNOW will be in your life FOREVER!!!!11!!!1!  Good luck with that.  I absolutely hope that it's true.  But I've been around here long enough to know that it's not.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:585f1ceb-e7ff-4d00-94ff-ed17fa4a6049Post:19740d6d-8fe5-4bdc-8a5d-c7697b941c14">Re: Wedding party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would a bridesmaid need to "dip out", as you put it, because she's pregnant?  Are you thinking a baby bump would ruin the esthetics of your day?  Pregnant women can be bridesmaids, too, you know.  That's why they make maternity bridesmaid dresses.
    Posted by connelly2be[/QUOTE]

Um, sometimes pregnant women don't WANT to be part of the wedding party because they don't want to be standing up there because it's uncomfortable for them to stand for long periods of time. And/or they feel that they're going to be so busy/tired from being pregnant that they don't feel they can be a viable part of the wedding party.

She didn't say she would kick out a pregnant bridesmaid, but that she would leave it open for the BM to relinquish her duties if the BM decided to. Which, I've been in a wedding where that happened before, and the Bride graciously accepted her BMs resignation but kept her in the program.

Please, chill out on the unnecessary judgemental harping.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    LoveMuffins, you're new here, so you haven't seen the five million posts about "Pregnant Bridesmaid!  How do I ask her to step down without ending the friendship!"  But, since we have been around, WE HAVE.  We are speaking from experience and giving advice to the OP and now to the new poster, since that's what these boards are for.  We are honest and we don't sugarcoat, and believe me when I say that none of these ladies have been judgmental.  Try taking your own advice.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    I asked my WP very early into my two-year engagement, and while there weren't any fights or anything, I still regret asking that early.  Even if your relationships don't change, your plans sure as hell can, and it's pretty much impossible for anyone, even you, to stay excited about something for so long.  There's really no good reason to ask that early, and a billion good reasons to wait.

Just don't come back here next year complaining that you want to kick people out because they don't seem happy enough for you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards