Texas-San Antonio

Wedding Cake!!!

Ladies I need some advice........I have heard some horror stories regarding some wedding cake vendors.  I would love some recommendations and pics of wedding cakes.....please

Re: Wedding Cake!!!

• edited December 2011
    What kind of horror stories?

All I know is that they're expensive and I couldn't find a place that made a delicately sweet confection to my liking. Sorry I'm no help - I'm getting a tiny 2-tiered wedding cake that will serve 20 from Sweets by Patti (just cause my mom & MOH thought I should have a cake).  She makes BEAUTIFUL cakes (I'll have to post my bridal shower cake), but I'm not really into cake & I found her frosting to be too sweet for my liking & I felt it over-powered the delicious cake.
  • edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend the lady we used for our wedding, Lynda with Sweet Traditions. I have a lot of pictures in my wedding bio (try the pro pics > details tab). Here is one pic too:

I also have other reviews in my wedding bio of the bakery we used for our groom's cake, Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery, and another one we taste tested, Cakes by Cathy. Let me know if you have any questions. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't willing to pay for a ridiculously expensive cake, so I finally found Lucy's Cake Shop. I ended up paying $1.50 per slice, and the cake tasted sooooo good!!! I keep having guests from the wedding telling me how great the cake was...even people who said they normally don't like cake at all! They may not have design skills quite as super fancy as these like $5 a slice places...but I thought mine turned out really pretty.  I ended up adding fresh flowers to the cake myself. My posting with a sneak peak of our wedding pics has a picture of my cake. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth
  • aledan07aledan07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our cake from SA Budget Bridal and paid 2.50 per slice but got the grooms cake for free and we liked it so much that we have her make all our birthday cakes now.

• edited December 2011
    I am using Cakes by Cathy Young.  She is so sweet and really does some beautiful things. 
  • novio2010novio2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Cakes by Cathy.  Her cakes are delicious.  Everyone in town will say the same when you mention her name. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my cake from Sweet Alainas here in San Antonio. Alaina Ayala makes the best wedding, cake cookies...etc you ever tasted! Shes is on facebook and will work with any bridal budget. Sometimes for events at work, I order cake from her on for our floor. Cake only lasts one hour, it is so good!
  • amc1217amc1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery, who did Jenna Bush's cake for her wedding.  I wasn't going to do a wedding cake originally because it wasn't worth the money to me, but my FMIL wanted one.  I think we checked out 3 vendors and we thought the Ultimate's samples were amazing--and I don't tend to like birthday and wedding cakes.  It was a tad pricey but not pricier than the other vendors we met with, it seemed like they were pretty on par.  Our cake turned out BEAUTIFUL and super yummy.  I would post a picture but I don't have my pics yet.
  • edited December 2011
    you definitely need to check out Cakes by Cathy 493-8466
  • Kstock06Kstock06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ amc - I also booked Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery and am so excited for my cake!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards