Wedding Party
Options

Wedding Accessory

I was a bride in 2005 and had a hard time finding hankies for my bridal party so I designed a line called happy hanky. I think handkerchiefs are a classic wedding accessory! I think there's just something so sophisticated and Mad Men-ish about them!

Re: Wedding Accessory

• Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Are you a vendor? This sounds like a vendorish post.

Edit: And why is your wedding date for 2005?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-hankies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d3368e1-9af9-47b7-ac86-9beb89ca7b27Post:362a4417-87a2-45a4-b255-ae505937bfe9">Re: Wedding Hankies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you a vendor? This sounds like a vendorish post.
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  But I'm not clicking on it just to rebel.  I'd hate for it to be a vendor and them get hits.
    There's an etsy seller that does these that I like better anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In any case, if you are trying to sell something, you should probably stop.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Um, she's the same one that posted about what to get her BMs.  Maybe she is a vendor and is trying to be clever?

btw, when I googled Happy Hanky, this is what I got.

• Options
    Yeah, I saw that frogurt. I just don't understand why someone who got married in 2005 is now starting to post on the forums and and her only 5 threads that she's either started or participated in are about BM gifts. I'm confused.

Photobucket
  • Options
    yeah, that's definitely not allowed on this site.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    We call that spamming...it's not allowed on the Knot.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-hankies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d3368e1-9af9-47b7-ac86-9beb89ca7b27Post:bd1691c8-e5ab-4a1b-b0a7-25ebf24e6624">Re: Wedding Hankies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol! A shop owner on here told me to post some positive links about my hankies! She said that "people won't care you were married in 2005" - haha - last time I take shady advice!
    Posted by igiggletoo[/QUOTE]
    It's a one-way street to bannination.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    If I were you I'd edit the posts to remove your advertising, rather than just leave it up there.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-hankies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:5d3368e1-9af9-47b7-ac86-9beb89ca7b27Post:362a4417-87a2-45a4-b255-ae505937bfe9">Re: Wedding Hankies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you a vendor? This sounds like a vendorish post. Edit: And why is your wedding date for 2005?
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]

She got her bridal party "wedding hankies" as gifts in the post below.  ::eye roll::
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Darn, I was hoping that this was for real and that she was giving her BP squirrels.  booo.
  • Options
    I really wouldn't want a snot rag for a gift.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    No matter how coyly you try to spin this, it's clear that you're shilling for a product.  And that's not allowed here.  And does anyone actually use hankies anymore?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Wrkn925...would you possibly tell me which vendor you like on Etsy? Did you use this vendor?

I really do want to get handerchiefs for the ladies in my bridal party. I was hoping to have it done locally, but that doesn't seem to be working out for me. I found a few vendors on Etsy, and one in particular caught my eye. I've never used Etsy though -- so I am just not sure how to make sure the vendor is honest/produces a great product.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Options
    Bar, if you want to know if an etsy seller is reliable, then read their ratings.  I generally only try to but from sellers who have all positive ratings and at least around 100 ratings.
  • Options
    Editing your post doesn't necessarily make it better.  Because now it's clear that you're a vendor.  And vendors are not permitted on these boards.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    frogurt...Thank you for the tip! I'm an Etsy newbie, sad to say. I will check into the ratings of the vendors I liked on Etsy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards