Wedding Party
Options

Thanks

Re: Thanks

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_best-man-miawedding-in-20-days-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:63f6f453-b742-42aa-9466-8cb053359788Post:54e452a7-2179-4212-abf0-4d8af147bdb9">Best Man MIA....Wedding in 20 days!! HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the last 8 months, wedding planning wiht my fiancé has been problem free and great!  We're both getting what we want and on our budget!! Then.... His best man (and childhood friend) started a new job 3 weeks ago and mentioned during the interviews that he would need the weekend of our wedding off as it is out of town for him (He lives in Ontario and the wedding is in Bristish Columbia, Canada).  They agreed but now aren't giving him the time off as he works shift and our weekend falls on his weekend to work.  This part we understand BUT they gave him options to fix the situations (find another to work, etc.) and he hasn't done it yet.  As you can imagine, my man is super upset and stressed about everything!!  I'm trying to to get involved and am trying to be supportive but at some point I need to jump in. Should I say something to my fiancé or the BM?  Should I talk to his GF?  Do I just suck it up and let him fix it...... HELP!!!
    Posted by TailleferMatheusik[/QUOTE]

If it hasn't come up for a while, your FI might try to find out where he stands on the issue and see if he's made arrangements yet.  He might still trying to be working it out. If he's said anything about it in the last week or so, he shouldn't push it. No one likes a nag, it just makes people less inclined to do what you want.

But you shouldn't get involved at all.  It's your FI's friend and attendant, it's his problem.  And if the best man can't make it, he can't make it.  You'll be just as married.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_best-man-miawedding-in-20-days-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:63f6f453-b742-42aa-9466-8cb053359788Post:54e452a7-2179-4212-abf0-4d8af147bdb9">Best Man MIA....Wedding in 20 days!! HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the last 8 months, wedding planning wiht my fiancé has been problem free and great!  We're both getting what we want and on our budget!! Then.... His best man (and childhood friend) started a new job 3 weeks ago and mentioned during the interviews that he would need the weekend of our wedding off as it is out of town for him (He lives in Ontario and the wedding is in Bristish Columbia, Canada).  They agreed but now aren't giving him the time off as he works shift and our weekend falls on his weekend to work.  This part we understand BUT they gave him options to fix the situations (find another to work, etc.) and he hasn't done it yet.  As you can imagine, my man is super upset and stressed about everything!!  I'm trying to to get involved and am trying to be supportive but at some point I need to jump in. Should I say something to my fiancé or the BM?  Should I talk to his GF?  Do I just suck it up and let him fix it...... HELP!!!
    Posted by TailleferMatheusik[/QUOTE]

Suck it up and let him fix it or your FI handle it.  You can't make him the BM do anything and as he is your FI's friend you don't want to come off as pushy. There really isn't anything you can do that your FI can't. I know you want to help, but help by supporting your FI in his decision and reassure him that your day won't be ruined.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards