July 2012 Weddings
Options

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

What are your plans for the week?  WR/NWR??

Re: Happy Monday!!!

• Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monday already?! Ugh.

Weekend was great- NICE weather too! Yesterday it was 40 which is close to impossible in the area we live in (an hour from Canada). Went on a long walk yesterday with the dog. We watched Hangover 2 and it was soooo funny- anyone see it yet?

Helped FI shop for Xmas gifts on Saturday and ate at a mexican restaurant!

This week is going to be brutal. I have no free days at all, parent/teacher conferences on Tues/Thurs (stuck at work for at least 13 hours both days and not to mention a 45 min commute one way), working with a family on Weds (I'm a deaf mentor too- I teach families how to communicate/deal with deaf child(ren)), and on Friday we have Xmas with the ILs. I'm going to be dead by the end of the week.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Monday!  Fi actually woke up with me this morning and made me pancakes for breakfast...it was a good start to the week. 

My weekend was actually productive for once!  I sent in the checks that needed to be sent, I got my dad a Christmas present, I cleaned the apartment, exercised 3 times, went to a football game with FI.  It was a pretty good time. 

Also....I bought my wedding shoes!  I know I did the poll a while back, and I ordered the ones that won that.  When I got those though, I needed a half size bigger, so I sent them back, and the larger size was out of stock.  Then it got me thinking how I didn't want to pay $65 for shoes that I would only wear once, and how I would much rather go more my style and wear flats.  So I found some on Pinterest that I LOVE, and they came in blue, so I tried to order them.  Apparently they don't make them anymore, so I went to the mall instead to the Steve Madden store...no luck.  The lady working there was so nice though and checked to see if any stores in the US had them in stock...2 stores did, one had my size, so now my shoes are currently being shipped from LA as we speak!

They were more expensive than the others, but at least I'll wear them again.

On to this week--I have 2 Holiday parties at work, so I'm pretty excited about that.  Also...only 9 more work days and then I have 11 glorious days of sleeping in and hanging out with FI.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    This week is going to be very busy for me. I have to finish Christmas shopping for FI, and my family's Christmas party is this weekend. I still have to get a white elephant gift for that, finish my costume, and make two food things. It's going to be a crazy week! Nothing WR for me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NWR- Our kitty Floyd who has surgery on Thursday night is recovering well but is wearing a cone now and goes tonight to have the drain taken out.  He has a healthy appetite but we are having a hard time getting him to drink water because he can't figure out how to get the cone around the water bowl so we have to gently place him near it and maneuver around it.  He is jumping and begging so we know he is himself but he has a whole other list of illnesses that were discovered so we hope that things go well at his follow-up visit tonight.

WR- I tested out the battery operated Christmas lights that I bought last week and they all worked so I am happy about that and will be making more programs this week too.
  • Options
    Sunday was great - we put up the christmas tree, for the first time, and it gave my butterflies in my tummy :) 

Tomorrow we have an appointment with our possible caterer. Sooo looking forward to that. Plus, we should do some talking about invitations this weekend, since we're meeting with the designer (a friend) next week. And we finally decided to go through with our honeymoon plans (Pacific north-west) after all, so I probably will look for inspiration :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy Monday!

Student teaching ended Friday so today I am back at my job! It's so nice to be back, saying hello to everyone this morning was great. My last class is tonight and then I am done with school!!!
    Wednesday is FI's birthday, but we are all super busy then so we are celebrating tomorrow. I'm looking foward to that.

As for WR stuff, now that student teaching is over I have more time. First on the list, OFFICIANT and I need to set up cake tastings too.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AllyG I'm in LOVE with those shoes!!

This week I have a cake consultation with a local bakery for my FI's groom's cake/birthday cake that I'm surprising him with at the reception.  I'm having them make a Delorean cake (from Back to the Future) for his 30th bday.  We'll be on our honeymoon for his bday and he's obsessed with the movies, so we're going to have the entire reception sing happy birthday to him.

Also, I got a call-back from the school I interviewed with last Thursday.  They want me to come in for a demo lesson with some 8th graders this Thursday.  I'm super excited/nervous!!!!!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    AllyG, I LOVE that shoe! I've been looking online here and there for shoes to wear on the big day and I definitely need flats... they're adorable!

Today, FI took off from work so he can go to the dentist (and I went to kickboxing!) and we're going to meet with our officiant to plan the ceremony, then go to the venue and do a walk-through with our day-of coordinator, photographer, parents, and the catering manager at the venue... and then have dinner there :) So it's a fun-filled wedding planning day! Hopefully we'll pick out our linens today too.

NWR, I'm still looking for a job as a guidance counselor or a college admissions rep... it's so tough out there! I love my part-time job but it's time to move on I think... I want somewhat of a career before I have kids :)

Question -- are you guys doing picture holiday cards with your FI? We were debating whether or not to do that and signing it off with "the future Mr. & Mrs...." but maybe we should just start doing them next year and save ourselves the expense... anyone else thinking about doing this??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Alli--that's a cute idea signing the holiday cards with "the future mr. and mrs"!  We aren't doing cards this year...mainly to save on postage and added stress of things to do.  We'll start sending them out next year. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:44f4ddf1-e70b-42be-8cbb-2295ff91a741">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] And we finally decided to go through with our honeymoon plans (Pacific north-west) after all, so I probably will look for inspiration :) 
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

Yay!  I'm excited that you decided to go afterall.  You will LOVE the PNW!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:44f4ddf1-e70b-42be-8cbb-2295ff91a741">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sunday was great - we put up the christmas tree, for the first time, and it gave my butterflies in my tummy :)  Tomorrow we have an appointment with our possible caterer. Sooo looking forward to that. Plus, we should do some talking about invitations this weekend, since we're meeting with the designer (a friend) next week. And we finally decided to go through with our honeymoon plans (Pacific north-west) after all, so I probably will look for inspiration :) 
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

Aw. :o) We put our Christmas tree up for the first time together this year too. It was something special - for sure.

My week consists of playing Skyward Sword for the Wii with my mom, laundry, and cooking. We hope to get our Christmas cards out by the end of the week. 

I'm still searching for part-time employment..with no luck whatsoever. Ah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:847b5a02-3000-44fa-a4a5-6f73560598bd">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question -- are you guys doing picture holiday cards with your FI? We were debating whether or not to do that and signing it off with "the future Mr. & Mrs...." but maybe we should just start doing them next year and save ourselves the expense... anyone else thinking about doing this??
    Posted by AlliScott0414[/QUOTE]

No, we aren't doing them  We just sent out Save The Dates so we'll think about doing it next year.
  • Options
    mekiakoo-I am also enjoying the nice weather we've been having...but I have to say it is weirding me out a bit!  I don't remember ever NOT having snow this far into December.

BrightFirefly-I also played some Skyward Sword :-) Way too fun!

This week will be a busy one for me as well!  I have three finals, one each on Wed. Thurs. and Fri.  So lots of studying for me!  I have a few people I have to email to set up appointments with while I am in Minneapolis/St. Paul over my vacation time (planning out of town weddings is difficult....).

The only other thing that has me on pins and needles is that I am waiting to hear about a job application that I submitted last week.  I was asked to apply for the position, which is a good sign, but my application still needs to make it through their electronic screening process before I can arrange an interview.  I know the company kind of slows down around the holidays, but I am hoping that I will hear from them before Christmas.  I may lose my mind if I don't!  lol

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:9f393810-c676-480b-9117-1cbc587b32a3">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mekiakoo-I am also enjoying the nice weather we've been having...but I have to say it is weirding me out a bit! <strong> I don't remember ever NOT having snow this far into December.</strong> BrightFirefly-I also played some Skyward Sword :-) Way too fun! This week will be a busy one for me as well!  I have three finals, one each on Wed. Thurs. and Fri.  So lots of studying for me!  I have a few people I have to email to set up appointments with while I am in Minneapolis/St. Paul over my vacation time (planning out of town weddings is difficult....). The only other thing that has me on pins and needles is that I am waiting to hear about a job application that I submitted last week.  I was asked to apply for the position, which is a good sign, but my application still needs to make it through their electronic screening process before I can arrange an interview.  I know the company kind of slows down around the holidays, but I am hoping that I will hear from them before Christmas.  I may lose my mind if I don't!  lol
    Posted by mzad22[/QUOTE]

I remember in 2007 I think, we did not have snow all the way through New Year's day. We were able to ice skate on the lake! Do you remember that? I'm not sure if that was just in northern Minnesota or not.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't doing Christmas cards this year because we sent out STD's last month, we paid for FSIL's wedding invites & postage (those are being sent out the day after Christmas)...and we just don't have the extra cash, but I LOVE your idea!!

My weekend was busy busy...work work...

This week, hoping to finish up on FSIL's invites & working...nothing too special...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:9f393810-c676-480b-9117-1cbc587b32a3">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BrightFirefly-I also played some Skyward Sword :-) Way too fun! Posted by mzad22[/QUOTE]

:o) Mmhm. It's typical Zelda-style - which I love. To me - that's a series that doesn't have to make a whole lot of changes to be fun.

Anyone else feeling the money pinch? I went from 15 dollars an hour - to 0 - and Christmas is biting me in the butt...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't doing anything just hanging out and trying to finish xmas shopping. It is my mom's birthday this week too so my and brothers and I are getting together to celebrate it. On sunday it is my FI's family's XMAS party, but other than that nada going on.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_happy-monday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b59f28a-5199-4d5c-b65b-663ad99e4264Post:b241f604-0141-4d21-8b64-67414c50e960">Re: Happy Monday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Monday!!! : I remember in 2007 I think, we did not have snow all the way through New Year's day. We were able to ice skate on the lake! Do you remember that? I'm not sure if that was just in northern Minnesota or not.
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, now that you mention it I do!  I was working in a mall and this middle-aged guy came up to me and was asking me if my kids were sad that there wasn't snow yet.  I remember wanting to hit him because at the time I was only 21 and definitely didn't have any kids...lol.

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    This weekend was succesful 3 of my 5 girls ordered their dresses and my sister got her dress in so we can pick that up this weekend!! 

NWR - This week is going to be busy at work at least!! I was out all day at a client's restaurant and only expected to be there for a couple hours :(.  I also went to sign a contract and drop off a deposit at the bakery and the owner wasn't there and I might have to go back which annoys me but I'm hoping I can do it all through mail but we still have a couple decisions to make.  My mom's birthday is this week as well so I have to go bring her an edible arrangement on Thursday so she can find it in the fridge after her final from hell! We also are doing a dinner on Saturday and my friends called today to do a holiday party that night as well :-\

WR - I need to deal with makeup artists and bus transportation but don't feel like doing any of it!

Anniversary
  • Options

Our feeling is that we might as well save the $ instead. The $ for postage is really out of hand!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards