Wedding Party
Options

Dear Bitter Married Hags

I wanted to thank you ladies. 

Reading the advice and common sense approach advocated on this board has really helped me keep a level head during the planning process and I'm scoring major brownie points as a result.

FMIL pulled FI aside yesterday to tell him how impressed she was.  She was around when I was talking to my FSILs about their dresses and the FG dresses and she really appreciated how laid back I am and how concerned I am for them.

I like to think that I'd be easy going no matter what, but I think that you ladies have definitely helped me keep perspective, so thank you. <3
Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert

Re: Dear Bitter Married Hags

• Options
    Aww, yay!

What colors are they going to be? Do you have pictures?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Aw, shucks (blush).  I'm glad you've found it helpful :)  Thank YOU for not being a crazy.

That's why I give the advice I give--it freaking works!  DH and I still get compliments from people about how fun the wedding was, and how relaxed we seemed.  It's been 18 months and it's still something we hear about.  Will people still talk about it in 5, 10, or 20 years?  No.  But how you act as a bride has a lasting impact, for better or worse, and I can now say from personal experience that it's worthwhile to let go of the details and focus on the big picture.  You keep yourself sane and your guests both notice and appreciate it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_dear-bitter-married-hags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6c63f255-ab09-4b47-9b58-5fac51ec5becPost:fbdd6dd2-8092-4270-bd20-1308a7ba72a2">Dear Bitter Married Hags</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to thank you ladies.  Reading the advice and common sense approach advocated on this board has really helped me keep a level head during the planning process and I'm scoring major brownie points as a result. FMIL pulled FI aside yesterday to tell him how impressed she was.  She was around when I was talking to my FSILs about their dresses and the FG dresses and she really appreciated how laid back I am and how concerned I am for them. I like to think that I'd be easy going no matter what, but I think that you ladies have definitely helped me keep perspective, so thank you. <3
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]
    Oh come on, as soon as you're married you shouldn't be on the Knot because this is supposed to be a place for <em>BRIDES</em>!!!

Please note the sarcasm font.  I'm more of a lurker but I'd just like to cosign this if it's ok. 

Edited for spelling
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    We aim to please.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Woot woot, go hags!

I agree with the laid back approach, I gave my BMs the option to choose dresses and they said they just preferred if I picked one- so I did (with their input), everyone was comfortable and happy!

Oh and NO ONE else but me and the BMs remember what dresses they wore anyway!

I also let them wear any gold shoes (they all had some already), and bought flip flops (not part of their gift) for them to change into- which they all loved and changed into asap after the ceremony!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_dear-bitter-married-hags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6c63f255-ab09-4b47-9b58-5fac51ec5becPost:fbdd6dd2-8092-4270-bd20-1308a7ba72a2">Dear Bitter Married Hags</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to thank you ladies.  Reading the advice and common sense approach advocated on this board has really helped me keep a level head during the planning process and I'm scoring major brownie points as a result. FMIL pulled FI aside yesterday to tell him how impressed she was.  She was around when I was talking to my FSILs about their dresses and the FG dresses and she really appreciated how laid back I am and how concerned I am for them. I like to think that I'd be easy going no matter what, but I think that you ladies have definitely helped me keep perspective, so thank you. <3
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

Ditto also!
    I really only lurker and my BMs were shocked when I told them to pick whatever shoe as long as they were silver. One of my BM was super excited since she could reuse her $60 uncomfy shoes she has to purchase for another wedding.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also wanted to say "Thanks!". I am a total lurker, but I have already taken lots of the advice on here and it has really opened my eyes!! I have two friends getting married and I have sent them here too :) I hope my wedding is as laid back and fun as many of you have stated yours was...Thanks again and Happy New Year!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards