July 2012 Weddings
Options

WTF Wednesday!

Re: WTF Wednesday!

• Options
    I am actually vent free today!!  I am stoked we only have $1500 left to save and I am getting a bonus at work and a raise next month which will def cover the rest.  So I feel super relieved and we paid off our HM in full yesterday so that is one more check off of our list!!  We are supposed to get some bad weather today I just hope my commute home is not a nightmare.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The weatherman has been hysterical all week about this giant snowstorm that was supposed to hit us hard last night/today, we were expecting up to 22 inches of snow.

Well guess what? We didn't get a single flake and I'm at work. Everybody was so sure that we'd get a snow day. I'm bitter about the other schools that are closed across the state. There is a school 10 miles from here that is closed (why? I have no idea).

I'm not supposed to be at work today!!!!!!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm torn between griping and celebrating.  My gripe is probably TMI, but here it goes.  I was plugging along on my diet and doing just fine.  Then FI's DD, who is a nurse, told him about this diet her and the majority of the nurses at her hospital are doing.  So, I go along with it and then nothing, nada, ziltch.  He hasn't even lost much.  To top things off, I think the new urinary herbal thing I started has somehow plugged up my innards and I've actually gained back 4 pounds and am all bloaty and have been for 10 days now.  This is the TMI part.  I've been going, but I think something higher up is stuck.  I've tried MOMs and still no luck on getting it all out.  I did a psyllium husk cleanse this morning that I hope will do the trick (it's like foaming Drano for your insides).  Anyway, I'm supposed to get measured tomorrow for them to order my dress and I hate the fact that I'm all bloaty and poochy.  I'm sooo excited about the dress, but it's being tainted by the other.  I'm already hoping to lose another 15 pounds before my final fitting so I know they'll have to alter it anyway, but I just wish I didn't feel so fatty fatty 2x4 right now!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just over today and tomorrow, I just hope they go by fast. Oh and I am with Lady, I hope my commute isn't a nightmare either we are expecting snow also.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My job stressed me out soo bad yesterday that I called out today. Which I NEVER do. But sometimes you gotta do what's necessary to stay sane lol. So now I'm getting a spa pedicure :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've about had it with our invitation lady. She's been recommended by a few friends and I know she does a good job, but its been like pulling teeth trying to get a sample out of her. It was supposed to be put together two weeks ago. Stuff was on back order, which is understandable, not her fault. But even after the supplies came in, and a week and a half later after she said I would have it, no such luck. Phone calls and a few emails later, she said she put it in the mail last Thursday or Friday. Mail doesn't take 5 days to get from Dallas to Austin. Maybe she wrote down the wrong address? Maybe it's lost in the mail? Who knows. I'm just wondering if this is a sign that we need to go with someone else. I'm sending one more email today, so we'll see.
  • Options
    I think I'm actually fairly vent free today. Only a week and a half left of Winter Quarter - then Finals weeks - then Spring break. Then Spring Quarter - then Summer! Wooo!

I guess my vent this week is - I keep freakin' procrastinating on school work. I have a really hard Anatomy test on Friday - and I told myself I would start studying Monday - but I didn't. Nor did I study Tuesday. Now I have today and Thursday to study - and I have class today and a bunch of HW due tomorrow..so..I'm an idiot pretty much ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My only WTF is that we migrated to a new system yesterday here at work and apparently I'm the only one in the entire building who knows how to use it.  So that means I'm getting stopped and questioned every 5 minutes to help someone else out.  While I don't mind helping people, it's the fact that no one helped me learn how to use the system and I had to work to learn it, and everyone else is just way too lazy to do that themselves, so now I'm stuck teaching people.  Annoying.

On a brighter note, I get to meet my wedding gown for the first time and see my best friend in hers for her first fitting tomorrow.  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b7ff3a9-32ec-4956-a4ee-d2d2825d75e0Post:04d93b03-5b6f-4cf6-83df-9a772b4ede08">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My job stressed me out soo bad yesterday that I called out today. Which I NEVER do. But sometimes you gotta do what's necessary to stay sane lol. So now I'm getting a spa pedicure :)
    Posted by Whtara10[/QUOTE]

Oh I am a total supporter of mental health days. Maybe it's because my mom allowed that as a valid excuse when I was a kid to get out of school - but I honestly think one day a year when you are just bummed or stressed as hell and need a recovery day is acceptable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b7ff3a9-32ec-4956-a4ee-d2d2825d75e0Post:abc0ca08-ee6a-4b81-9800-030370004073">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I guess my vent this week is - I keep freakin' procrastinating on school work. I have a really hard Anatomy test on Friday - and I told myself I would start studying Monday - but I didn't. Nor did I study Tuesday. Now I have today and Thursday to study - and I have class today and a bunch of HW due tomorrow..so..I'm an idiot pretty much ;)
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>^Story of my life. I have 2 papers and 2 midterms tomorrow, and guess whos here perusing the knot? </div><div>Wedding planning and is so much more fun though.....</div><div>ETA: Ive spent the last hour trying to find bridesmaids jewelry. this is becoming ridiculous. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmmmmm....weird, but i don't have anything to vent about today!

two men stopped and told me I was beautiful on my walk into work, which usually annoys me, but I was in a good mood and they were nice, so it was fine.

The sun is shining, it is 64 degrees, my dad's basketball team has their first sectional game tonight (I love basketball and I LOVE sectionals - not sure how it works in other states, but this is the start of the state tournament for high school teams and what the team is working up to the whole year), I am about to leave the office to head up north to cover a fun summary judgment hearing, I am eating a yummy chicken lunch, and I started my day with some delicious coffee and almond milk. 

So weird that I am so happy today!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b7ff3a9-32ec-4956-a4ee-d2d2825d75e0Post:04d93b03-5b6f-4cf6-83df-9a772b4ede08">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My job stressed me out soo bad yesterday that I called out today. Which I NEVER do. But sometimes you gotta do what's necessary to stay sane lol. <strong>So now I'm getting a spa pedicure :)
    </strong>Posted by Whtara10[/QUOTE]

What a fantastic idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF is that my mom is inviting random people to my bridal shower. Yeah, sure, she's hosting it . . . but now we need to add these people to the guest list for the wedding! We're already at 220 people, we can only fit 200 at our venue. I know for a fact some people are only receiving courtesy invitations (they've told us they wont' be able to attend) but COME ON. Let's stop with adding guests!

One thing that's awesome is that I booked my flight for my bachelorette in Vegas :) I'm actually going to San Diego first, meeting up with a few friends, then driving to Vegas from SD. I can't wait about that AND it's cheaper than flying directly to Vegas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a major headache and work is stressing me out more than usual. I just had a call with my manager that had me on the verge of tears. He kept saying things like, "I thought we talked about this earlier" about some things I hadn't done yet, but he didn't realize that I was in meetings non-stop since we had talked about it, so I had no time to do them! And he was in those meetings, as well, so he should have known I wouldn't have made progress yet! 

I seriously could use a sanity day tomorrow, but I kind of feel like that will just make Friday worse so I should suck it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a ton of stuff I need to get done today and of course I'm doing none of it! Plus my boss wanted me to come in later because we would be bussier so I did and then find out he told someone else they didn't have to come in...so I'm having to stay later and another guy is coming back into work after working 8 hours already....must be one of those days. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-31?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3b7ff3a9-32ec-4956-a4ee-d2d2825d75e0Post:55dc8153-5e12-4747-8286-69451a6dc58a">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a major headache and work is stressing me out more than usual. I just had a call with my manager that had me on the verge of tears. He kept saying things like, "I thought we talked about this earlier" about some things I hadn't done yet, but he didn't realize that I was in meetings non-stop since we had talked about it, so I had no time to do them! And he was in those meetings, as well, so he should have known I wouldn't have made progress yet!  I seriously could use a sanity day tomorrow, but I kind of feel like that will just make Friday worse so I should suck it up.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

What is your job?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Invitations can suck it. I'm not even a 1/4 of the way done addressing them. I'm still working on response cards. BAH.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     I ordered my invitations early this morning.  Well, I thought I ordered 100, but I actually only ordered 25.  I ordered 100 response cards, but not enough invitations.  I caught it right after and emailed the company to let them know about my mistake and asked if I could add another 75 before they went to print.  Well, I hadn't heard anything from them so I got onto the live chat thing on the website.  Just as soon as the rep asked for my confirmation number I get an email from them saying that they would add the 75 to the order.  So I told her what was going on and thanked her for her time.  She told me that it happens more often than you would think.  So it all turned out good in the end. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My WTF today is the people rejected our offer on a house and pretty much stomped on it with a long winded 2 page email of why we should pay a much higher price for the property.  Ugh and my interns suck and I just want to fire them or tell them to get me coffee and asprin.  I corrected some of their work returned it to one of them and he "did all the corrections" and I go to look at the changes and the 2nd one isn't even done and I flip through and the whole report is like this!!!! But my day is ending on a happier note that I might have found a much better house in a different town that we may go see on Friday.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards