Texas-San Antonio

River Walk - Help!

Hello Ladies!

I'm Angie, and I'm actually a Dallas-area bride... but my best friend is getting married in New Braunfels in October, and I'm in charge of her Bachelorette party in September.  There will be 10-15 girls, and the plan is to stay somewhere on the River Walk, have a lingerie shower at the hotel, go for dinner, and then go out probably to Howl at the Moon... and I want to do a photo scavenger hunt along the way.

Here's where I could really use some local help:

1.  Recommendations for a nice hotel (not too pricey, but classy, maybe with suites) ON the River Walk, that we can start at and stumble back to at the end of the night.

2.  Ideas for locally themed pictures - I plan to include some embarrassing "take a picture with XYZ guy" ideas, but I'd also like some things that are on the River Walk that would make for fun, not naughty pictures that she can actually show people without feeling silly - like a specific statue, or a famous place, or things like that... but that are also fairly centrally located as well, since we'll be on foot.

You're help is greatly appreciated!

Re: River Walk - Help!

• txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I live in Houston but we are also doing my b-party in San Antonio (my hometown).  We are staying at the Hotel Valencia, but we also looked at Drury Inn and Menger Hotel (smaller rooms).

There is always pics in front of the Alamo or the red flame statue on Commerce St.  It is a little further to walk, but the New Museum Reach area is lovely-you cn take a water taxi.  The flame at Pat O'Brien's could be one pic opportunity. 
    Hope this helps...have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Hotel Contessa is on the riverwalk and has all suites. They have a nice bar in the lobby and restuarant too.
  • edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest Hotel Contessa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards