Wedding Party
Options

I want to hear crazy bridesmaid stories!

Hi Ladies --

Hope you're all well. I've been reading a lot of posts on here about bridesmaid trouble and I have a favor to ask of all of you.

I'm writing a story about troublesome bridesmaids -- basically pointing out that bridezillas get a bad rap when sometimes it's the maids -- for Marie Claire magazine.

I need stories, you need to vent -- shoot me an email at meganangelo@gmail.com. Names can be protected.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Megan

Re: I want to hear crazy bridesmaid stories!

• Options
    No.

If you've been reading a lot of posts, you'll know by now that unless a BM doesn't get her dress by the time of your wedding ceremony, she has done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Emily --

Thanks for your response. I'm looking for people who feel like the bridesmaids often get a bad rap, too -- so if you feel passionate about that or have experience in that department, I'd love to talk to you.

But trust me -- after hearing some of the stories I've heard from brides for this piece, there ARE things they can do wrong. :)

Have a good day!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you have to go through Knot Annie for something like this.  Banana?

Short of lighting the bride on fire or sleeping with the groom, usually "bridesmaid trouble" is caused by the bride having unrealistic expectations.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Who's Knot Annie? I'm happy to go through anyone -- don't want to break any protocol.

In any case, I'm interested by the strong opinions on here that bridesmaids are never in the wrong, and I really would love to hear more from you guys if you want to email me. Thanks.
  • Options
    Based on the rules, it looks like this is the protocol you need to follow.  If you need more info, there's a link under "Community Info" on the left.

If you are a journalist or student looking for information, please contact us at messageboards@theknot.com for information/permission prior to posting or your post will be removed.
  • Options
    Thanks gotahava!
  • Options
    It's stories like the one you're proposing to write that perpetuate bridezilla behaviour and entitled brides.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_want-hear-crazy-bridesmaid-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7abb6c5e-368a-4003-ac14-492ab29feab7Post:6d86b9c2-12f3-40fd-bb23-f9360c45e8f9">Re: I want to hear crazy bridesmaid stories!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's stories like the one you're proposing to write that perpetuate bridezilla behaviour and entitled brides.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And no one on this board purports that bridesmaids are "never in the wrong" - it's just that unless your bridesmaid is trying to sleep with your fiance or intentionally harm you or your other friends or family members or is actually being a legitimate jerk...then your gripe probably has more to do with unrealistic expectations (fueled by some magazines, the wedding industry, and some TV shows and movies - "Bride Wars" anyone?) held by brides than with an actual "troublesome" bridesmaid.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards