Texas-San Antonio

Pt Aransas?

Hi all,

I am trying to plan a beach wedding in Pt A for this June. It is going to be very simple, less than 20 people, and I have all that I need figured out EXCEPT and officiant. My fiance and I are both Catholic, but cannot have a Catholic ceremony. We would prefer someone not affiliated with any specific denomination, or a judge. And, obviously, someone who will preform a ceremony on the beach. I really don't want a wedding planner as there is very little else to do. Ideas?

Also, does anyone happen to have a specific beach location to recommend? It needs to be easily accesible as we have a couple of guests with mobility issues.

thanks!

Re: Pt Aransas?

• Hi there!  We thought long and hard about who would officiate our wedding too and we decided that we wanted someone close to us to perform it.  There are a few sites out there when someone can get "ordained" for free and perform your ceremony.

If this is something you'd be interested in doing, here is a site that will do this:
    http://www.themonastery.org/

We are having my sister's fiance (future brother in law) perform ours cause he is very well spoken and a great presenter so we think he'd do a good job.  Plus, it's free and at least somebody that we know.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is definently a possibility for us, so thanks for the link. My fiance has mentioned his father doing it, which is my biggest reason for holding back. I love the man and respect him a ton, but he is prone to going off in strange directions of conversation when he has a captive audience!

I found a group called A Beautiful Affair that claims to opperate all over Tx and specializes in weddings. Anyone heard of them? I'm especially leary of them because it's a group, not a specific person. I'm not sure how the connect a couple with an officiant....
  • Call up to the courthouse, most of the JPs in the area will perform them for a minimal costs....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards