July 2012 Weddings
Options

Friday Fun Poll

How many days are you taking off before the wedding?
How many days are you taking off after?
Are you going on your honeymoon right away? 
If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going?
Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet?
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Friday Fun Poll

• Options
    penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding?  2
    How many days are you taking off after?  5
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  no, October
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA and Disneyworld
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Nope.  I plan to wear stuff that I already have.
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 2 but the 4th is a holiday so I get 3 days off :)

How many days are you taking off after? Taking the Monday afterward off and we leave for our honeymoon the Friday of that week.

Are you going on your honeymoon right away? Nope, leaving the following Friday. I wanted time to spend with my family all day after the wedding, and I also only wanted to take 5 days off work for it. So we had to leave on a weekend.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia!

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Well I bought a bunch of dresses for dinner there, and I have new bathing suits. And I bought some new shorts and a skirt for this summer, but not honeymoon specific. I still need to lingerie shop...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding?  3 days.

How many days are you taking off after? just 1 day

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  No, we are going two weeks after because FI's best friend was supposed to get married the week after us. The wedding got cancelled but then my friend is getting married that weekend so we decided to keep our plan of going away 2 weeks later and attend my friend's wedding.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going?  Bali (Indonesia). I love southeast asia, but have never been to Bali so I'm super excited. Two weeks in paradise!

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Well not anything naughty, but I bought a sarong and a few other items I'll need. I really need to update my summer wardrobe though.
  • Options
    In Response to Friday Fun Poll:
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? Just 1
     How many days are you taking off after? 10 days! 
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away? yes, we leave on a red eye the Sunday night after the wedding 
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Aruba!  
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Bought a few things, hoping to get some sexy lingere from my shower this weekend! I want a couple cute maxi dresses and maybe a new suit!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? I think just three....but my work is super flexible, so I may end up working from home the entire week of the wedding. WAIT I lied....I have to cover depositions the Tuesday before the wedding POOP ON A STICK. that might be the only "real" work I do that week.

How many days are you taking off after? We get back from our honeymoon at like 11pm on August 7th. I will probably sleep in the next morning and work a half day the 8th to catch up on stuff.

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  yes, pretty much. We are doing a morning after brunch on the 29th, then are heading to a suite at a hotel by the airport that afternoon. Our flight is at 6am the next morning.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Zoetry Paraiso on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Yes, I shop too much!!!
  • Options
    I'm taking off the whole week before the wedding. Originally was just going to do W, Th, F, but our firm is having our Summer Outing on Monday at the country club, so it doesn't make sense for me to only come in on Tuesday. So I'm just skipping the outing and heading to Philly that Sunday.

Two weeks.

We're leaving on the Monday following our Saturday wedding. My mom is driving us back to NYC on Sunday night and we leave Monday morning at 11am from JFK!

We're going to Mauritius for a week then one night in Johannesburg, then 5 days on safari in South Africa. I really, truly cannot wait.

We're thinking of switching our hotel in Mauritius from the One & Only (clicky) to The Oberoi (clicky
    ) because we're reading a lot of reviews that say there are a bunch of kids at the One & Only and that is NOT the type of honeymoon we want. It would probably cost us about $2000 extra since we'll lose the deposit and half-board isn't included at the Oberoi, but we'll probably do it anyway.

You only get one honeymoon, right?

Ugh, no. I really am not looking forward to it, either, because I have to buy safari gear and I will NEVER, EVER wear this stuff again. I am not a beige kind of gal - most of my clothes are black/grey and those aren't appropriate for safari. It attracts flies or bugs or something.

For Mauritius I'll just need beach wear and I have
    plenty of that already. I did just buy a new Vix swimsuit though but that was mostly for bachelorette party purposes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding?  5
    How many days are you taking off after? 10
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  yes we get married friday and leave monday
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going?  Aruba
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? I bought a couple of dresses and 4 new bathing suits.  I need to get some shirts, shorts and capris.  I still need to buy some bathing suit cover ups and some lingerie.
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? Technically, none. I'm a teacher, so I have about a month off before the wedding anyway.
    How many days are you taking off after? Same, about a month before we have to go back to school (although I have to do some trainings in August-- unsure of exact dates). 
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away? No, FI is a teacher, too, and he has to go to a conference about a week after the wedding.
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Nowhere planned. We'd like to do a nice long weekend somewhere and save up for a big trip for next summer.
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? No, sadly.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm off the entire summer... So, I'll have 3.5 weeks off before the wedding and a month off after. My FI is a teacher (I'm a school counselor which is why I have off) so summer just made the most sense to get married. Plus, he coaches football & wrestling so fall and winter isn't an option.

We're leaving three days after for the HM. St. Lucia!!

And I've been shopping like a mad woman for HM clothes!! (Let me clarify... I do more shopping than I should a lot... but, I'm justifying it now by: Well, I can wear this on the HM.)

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    mbody - My MOH and BFF/former roommate is a school counselor!! I feel like you guys are few and far between so I always get excited when I find another one, haha.  She is at an elementary school here in Indianapolis, she absolutely loves it! she is always taking random groups of children on different outings/trips that remind me of your Maggiano's experience you posted about a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 2 Days

How many days are you taking off after? 5 days

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  No, I would love to but my FI is a cop so I have to work around his shedule. Hopefully, going on our honeymoon in September.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Undecided. Maybe PR or Bahamas... any suggestions???

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Yes, started today during my lunch break
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-fun-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3bbbc1d6-cc23-47d6-a57e-ca340f75935ePost:25fb1c65-3128-4bd7-b359-60e7fab55be0">Re: Friday Fun Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]mbody - My MOH and BFF/former roommate is a school counselor!! I feel like you guys are few and far between so I always get excited when I find another one, haha.  She is at an elementary school here in Indianapolis, she absolutely loves it! she is always taking random groups of children on different outings/trips that remind me of your Maggiano's experience you posted about a few weeks ago!
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]
    Oh how fun!!! Here in Chi, school counseling jobs are SO HARD to find. I'm working in a high school career center helping students with post-secondary planning. It's fun- I'm in my fourth year of doing that. My position isn't technically a 'counseling' job, although I graduated w/ my Masters in School Counseling three years ago. And, basically you need a counseling degree to do it. It's confusing how certain school districts classify jobs. I don't even know if that all makes sense.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 3 - but i doubt i'll get much accomplished the Monday and Tuesday i am working.
    How many days are you taking off after? 5
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away? Yes, our reception ends at 5pm, and our flight is at 9pm that night.
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? a 5 day cruise to the bahamas and then 3 days in Orlando.
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? not really. i bought a fancy dress for the captains dinner, but thats about it. Really need some new bathing suits.

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    No, that definitely makes sense! I remember my "counselor" in high school who mostly just helped me with college applications/life planning/etc. It sounds like you are in a great place!!

Most of my MOH's friends from her master's classes are jobless, it's really sad!! She was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, and she had lots of connections at the school where she ended up getting hired. 
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 2 Days

How many days are you taking off after? 6 days

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  Yes, the wedding is on Saturday
    and we're leaving Sunday morning.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Just to a cabin in WI. We're
    from Sunday to Saturday & doing a family-moon (bringing all 5 of our kids ranging in ages from 11-22).
    We'll do famiy cabin type stuff - lounging, games, fishing,
     boating.

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Nope, don't really need
    to. My shopping will revolve more around meat to grill, s'more stuff, making
    sure we have enough beach towels. etc.
  • Options
    Yeah, I also do a shitton with financial aid & scholarships. A lot of students/parents need help with the FAFSA, so I do a lot of those with them. Like literally sit down one and one and go question by question.

A lot of the girls I went through grad school don't have anything in education yet. I'm probably the closest to a 'counseling' job.

But, I work at the high school with my best friend/MOH and FI. I actually met FI through her. Then, this is my first year at this high school. I was doing the same thing at another high school for the three years prior. So, we make it fun. And, I actually eat lunch with my FI every other day (We're on a block schedule) so, yeah.. haha.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? Since currently, I dont have a job lined up yet, none. But if I get one, the plan is half day wednesday, then thursday and friday. FI is just taking thursday/friday. 
    How many days are you taking off after? Through the following tuesday, and possibly half day wednesday again. 
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  yes and no. We are going to Chicago Saturday through Tuesday; the wedding is on a friday. Then next January- Jamaica!!!!
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? See above. 
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Not really. Since the jamaica trip is later, i plan on scouring things like Victoria secret clearance at the end of the summer. Hello cheap suits! 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 3

How many days are you taking off after? 2 weeks

Are you going on your honeymoon right away? well, not the day after but the Tuesday after the wedding. Plane tickets were cheaper.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? ARRRRUUUUBBBAAA!

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Yes, Almost done just need a few more tanks and lingerie which I think it is a wast of money since it only lasts like 30 seconds!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mbody/butterfly - My MOH/BFF is also a school counselor... she finishes her masters next year.  Jobs are almost impossible to get here, as well!  (She works at the college level right now.)

How many days are you taking off before the wedding? - 2 days to a week, depending on how we work it out

How many days are you taking off after? - Technically I'll have the rest of August off, but we'll be on our HM for a little over 2 weeks.  I just got a school library job so I'll be going into the schools a bunch of times after we get home to setup and see if there's anything I need to put on order.

Are you going on your honeymoon right away? - Wedding is Saturday, our flight is EARLY Monday AM!

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? - Hawaii - Oahu, Maui, and a week in Kuaui!!!

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? - Yep.. I only shop sales because our budget is so tight, so I've gotten little things over the past few months.  I just ordered some new bathing suits, too.  I only really need to get a ton of sunscreen and water shoes (we're doing lots of kayaking).

I'm looking forward to the honeymoon way more than the wedding.  I've never been one for being the center of attention or dressing in fancy gowns.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-fun-poll-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3bbbc1d6-cc23-47d6-a57e-ca340f75935ePost:9adeee27-1d83-44d2-8add-92997e415327">Re: Friday Fun Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]mbody/butterfly - My MOH/BFF is also a school counselor... she finishes her masters next year.  Jobs are almost impossible to get here, as well!  (She works at the college level right now.) How many days are you taking off before the wedding? - 2 days to a week, depending on how we work it out How many days are you taking off after? - Technically I'll have the rest of August off, but we'll be on our HM for a little over 2 weeks.  I just got a school library job so I'll be going into the schools a bunch of times after we get home to setup and see if there's anything I need to put on order. Are you going on your honeymoon right away? - Wedding is Saturday, our flight is EARLY Monday AM! If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? - Hawaii - Oahu, Maui, and a week in Kuaui!!! Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? - Yep.. I only shop sales because our budget is so tight, so I've gotten little things over the past few months.  I just ordered some new bathing suits, too.  I only really need to get a ton of sunscreen and water shoes (we're doing lots of kayaking). I'm looking forward to the honeymoon way more than the wedding.  I've never been one for being the center of attention or dressing in fancy gowns.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

We will be at the airport monday morning too!  Are you flying out of Newark?  Our flight is at 9 am so we are going to be at the airport at 7 am.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How many days are you taking off after?8
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  on Monday after the wedding on saturday
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Las Vegas
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? no
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? I'm a student only and don't work. I yook the whole summer off!

How many days are you taking off after? I will have about 2 weeks after we get back from the HM. FI has 3 days off after the HM. 

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  Yes, the next day we fly to Europe but that will take all day.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? We start with 4 days/nights in Rome. Then a 10 day cruise to more Italy, Greece, and Turkey.

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? No. We are still trying to lose weight. And FI said he would buy me some so I'm going to wait for that lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LADY - Yep!  I just double-checked our flight and noticed our takeoff isn't until 12PM... derp!  So we'll probably be arriving as you're taking off!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? I'm a teacher, so I have 4 weeks before.

How many days are you taking off after? 4 weeks after before school starts, but I'll definitely be doing work for most of the last 2 weeks.

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  We're flying out at midnight the Wednesday after our Saturday wedding. Wanted some time to relax with friends and family after the wedding, and then we'll still have a day or so to put presents away and pack for the honeymoon.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? St. John's in the USVI- so excited!

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Nope. I've been too busy to shop for the HM, though I love to shop. I just have one dress specifically for the HM so far and another from my first shower that I'll bring. Need to find bathing suits and coverups and shorts and more dresses. A lot of my summer clothes don't fit because I've lost 15 pounds in the last 2 years and last summer wasn't really sure if the weight would stay off.

ETA: Oh right I bought some lingerie and sleep shorts too when I was at the outlets. I guess I just need more day-wear.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? 1.5- Our wedding is on a friday so I am taking a half day wednesday and full day thursday

How many days are you taking off after?not counting weekends it will be 10 days total. 

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?   We are leaving Sunday morning

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going?St Lucia La Toc!! 

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet?I bought a really cute cover-up while i was in Barcelona and my mom bought me a another cute one for my Bday- I also got a new bathing suit thats about it.  I have so many sun dresses I just need some new flip flops
  • Options
    TChiumiTChiumi member
    First Comment
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? I'm a teacher so I will be off for the summer. But I report back 3 days after we get back from our honeymoon.

How many days are you taking off after?Same as above

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  We get married on Saturday and leave on Thursday. 

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Florida, and the Caribbean. 

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Not yet
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How many days are you taking off before the wedding? Before I got sick it was 3
    How many days are you taking off after? It was a 8
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away? a mini-moon yes.. ROAD TRIP! we plan on going on a cruise in the winter.
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? Road Tripping it to the Maritimes.  For the cruise, we're thinking either a Hawaiian cruise or Caribbean
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? Nope, and probably won't.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    I'm surprised at how many of you are in education! I just graduated with my masters and elementary teaching certification...yay!

How many days are you taking off before the wedding? We are getting married Friday evening, so I am taking of Weds and Thurs.
    How many days are you taking off after? Five (the whole next week)
    Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  We will leave for our HM Sunday morning. We will have Saturday to relax and debrief. :-)
    If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? We are going on a cruise in the western Caribbean. I've never been on a cruise before so I am excited! FI has always wanted to take me on one. When he learned it was his job to plan the HM he was so excited.
    Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? No, but I'll probably hit up places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I work for FI.  We are taking the day before off because it is a Friday and I don't have any work on Friday since the post office closes early.  We are leaving by 12pm or 1 pm that day and traveling to our wedding venue. So we are taking one day off and that day happens to be my birthday.

We are taking a mini-moon.  We are coming back three days after our wedding. 

Our HM place is the island we are getting married on so we will already be there.

Like I said in the last question, we are staying on the island where our wedding will be.  It is an island on Coastal Georgia called Jekyll Island.  It was where the old millionaires of the United States went to get away.  I mean people like the Rockefellars, Carnigies, Firestones, Macys.  Yeah, those people.  They started the Jekyll Island club which is now a hotel on the island. We wanted to stay there, but it is really expensive so we are going with our usual hotel.

I have looked for things.  Does that count?  Haha!  I am looking for some cute simple tanks and a couple sun dresses.  I am going to see if FI and I can go to TJMAXX tonight.  That is where I got my night before wedding dress.  I am also looking for some lingere. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

How many days are you taking off after? 16

Are you going on your honeymoon right away?  Our wedding is on Saturday and we're going on our HM on Monday. We wanted a day in between to rest and my parent's are throwing a day after brunch as well.

If you are going on a honeymoon where are you going? St. Lucia

Have you started to shop for honeymoon clothes yet? I have. Bought a few dresses but I pretty much am set for clothes anyway. I literally have over 35 bathing suits and that's pretty much all I'm going to be wearing, except to dinner.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards