Wedding Party
Options

Pregnant BM...

So my FSIL just informed me that she is going to have a baby in early feb.  I am BEYOND thrilled for her.  They have been trying for this second baby for over a year! 

My wedding is next July 14th, and I know that we can't wait until the end of Feb to purchase her dress and we can't fit her when the other BM's get their dresses.  Should I have her measured now for a dress, she's only about 2 months along.  Suggestions?

Re: Pregnant BM...

• Options
    It shouldn't take over 4 months to get a BM dress.  Wait until after she's had her baby.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ditto Jagore.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm getting married this July 3rd and some girls didnt get their dresses until May. You should be okay waiting.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My wedding is in December and my BM is due in Sept. She'll probably end up getting an off the rack dress to save her money and get it done fast. You always have that option as well.

ETA- Thank you for not being crazy about her being KU. That happens far too often around these parts.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married next May and my cousin, who is a BM is due mid January.  We went to the Bridal Shop to try on the three dresses I love so that she would know approximately what size to get when it was time to order dresses. 

It all depends on the designer and the bridal shop.  Dresses can take up 10-12 weeks to arrive, then with alterations etc.  Your looking at about 3-4 months before your wedding.  You should have plenty of time, but if it'll make you and your FSIL feel better, I would just go try some on.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    I couldn't be happier about her being preg.  They have been trying for a 2nd baby for so long!  I woudn't even care if she was preg for my wedding!  Thanks guys!
  • Options
    It can take up to 5 months t get your bm dresses. Wherever you are getting them from I would call and ask how long it takes to get there. IF I were you... I'd have her measured now and order one size larger. She'll probably have some leftover baby weight, and if not you can have the dress taken in. :) Best of luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-bm-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7f27e039-f235-4b17-97e9-e79625fec334Post:d5bd2175-257d-43df-a8b4-cab5e3999935">Re: Pregnant BM...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It shouldn't take over 4 months to get a BM dress.  Wait until after she's had her baby.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

Actually no, it can take longer than 4 months. It depends on the store/designer. My BM dresses were ordered in January and they still havent' come in.
    One of my BMs is pregnant.. in January she was 2 months pregnant and she got fitted and ordered her dress then. I think they ordered up 2 sizes for her.. and after she has the baby she will have about 6 weeks to lose weight.. so hopefully it all works out.. I'm not worrying about it. She is the one that needs to fit into the dress, not me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards