Wedding Party
Options

Poll for The Knot Magazine

Take our poll for the magazine

Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine

• Options
    I'm not MAKING them get their hair done professionally, but I am treating them to it because I want my girls to feel special too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    No. One of my girls used to work for Estee Lauder and felt very comfortable doing her own, and the other wasn't interested. I would have paid for them to have it done if it was something they had wanted, though. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My girls have the option of getting their hair done professionally by my stylist. I'm not obligating them to do this and they have complete free reign of their style. I simply let them know that my stylist would be at the ceremony site most of the day to do anyone's hair who wanted it, and all of them opted to.
  • Options
    "Making"?  Why would you even hint that that's okay, KnotAmanda?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_poll-for-the-knot-magazine-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:839cff46-9688-47de-af14-4649313dc9d5Post:0ac2148c-8909-4886-a404-d1c7f013da2b">Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Making"?  Why would you even hint that that's okay, KnotAmanda?
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

It's just a poll..no reason to get offended. We all know there are plenty of brides out there who MAKE their party get their hair done. I didn't pick up any "hint" that forcing your BMs to do their hair is okay
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not MAKING them, but I am inviting them to have theirs done with me. I've found a very reasonable place for hair/makeup and I will be paying for Mani's and Pedi's the day of. 
  • Options
    Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I did not force them, but my bridesmaids all had their hair professionally done but did their own makeup.

My stylist (who did my hair and makeup) traveled to us and charged a per hour rate for traveling which was not dependent on the number of people. I picked up the tab to have all 3 of my girls hair done professionally. If they had preffered to do their own hair it wouldn't have been a big deal, but considering that they all traveled for the wedding and didn't have their own stylists close by all 3 chose to use my stylist. I also let them each pick their own style.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_poll-for-the-knot-magazine-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:839cff46-9688-47de-af14-4649313dc9d5Post:8710ca99-2397-4589-91ed-8f78ef364055">Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine : It's just a poll..no reason to get offended. We all know there are plenty of brides out there who MAKE their party get their hair done. I didn't pick up any "hint" that forcing your BMs to do their hair is okay
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]

I don't think she was kidding nor do I think Vic was offended.  There are too many new brides who think making your BMs get their hair and makeup done (on their dime no less) is customary.  It's not and to have someone with "Knot" in front of her name insinuate that it is okay just makes it more difficult to tell new brides what is what.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_poll-for-the-knot-magazine-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:839cff46-9688-47de-af14-4649313dc9d5Post:8710ca99-2397-4589-91ed-8f78ef364055">Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll for The Knot Magazine : It's just a poll..no reason to get offended. We all know there are plenty of brides out there who MAKE their party get their hair done. I didn't pick up any "hint" that forcing your BMs to do their hair is okay
    Posted by icefog34[/QUOTE]
    By presenting it as a reasonable option they're reinforcing that it's a reasonable thing to do, which it isn't.

• Options
    Well I certainly hope none of the new brides would see that pole and take it as an okay to force anything on their party. You never know though I guess *shrug* Sometimes I forget that common courtesy and etiquette isn't so common as one would hope!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards