Texas-San Antonio

WARNING DO NOT USE THE PHOTOGRAPHY SHOPPE!

Hey Ladies,

Im just writing to inform you and warn you not to use the photography shoppe. There main office is out of Austin and they have locations in the south and midwest. I personally am from St. Louis and booked them for my wedding in 2009. For starters my engagement photos were not that great and I constantly had to call and email before I got the chance to speak with someone about my concerns. They did let me have another session, which turned out better. When it came to my wedding I had 2 different photographers then I had at my engagement session, they did a good job but the issues came soon after. By the time I had gotten my CD with images on it and had sat down to figure how I wanted my bridal album to go it was August 2010. In my package that I pd $1800 I was suppose to receive my engagement session, bridal session, a 11x14, 2-8x10, 4-5x7, two parent albums and a bridal album. I sent in my forms in august 2010, after a few months went by and i had not received anything I called them and left them a message. When no one called me back I tried again, I finally talked to someone who said they received the forms and it shouldnt be much longer. Once again after another month i tried again, this time someone told me they did not have my forms and that they had recently moved and they may have gotten lost in the move. Needless to say since then for the past year I have been calling their offices and asking for someone to return my phone calls and no one ever does. Withtin the past month or two I have been more vigorous at calling them, I spoke to one girl named Alaina who I believed just happened to accidently pick up the phone, considering she answered it like she was at home. I had to ask if it was the photography shoppe and as she hesitantly said yes, I was again stated my issue, she said she would personally look into it and contact me back. That was 3 weeks ago. I have since tried to email them and Alaina called me back to see what the issue was she left me a message 7 min before they shut off their phones and when i called and left another message I have still yet to hear back from them. I have not received a bridal session, my prints one parent album or bridal album.  My mom ordered her parent album in April 2010 and in September 2010 she hadnt received anything so she contacted them, they told her they where waiting on new albums and it should be soon, she finally received it in late October... 6 months after she ordered it. It looked like it took them 10 minutes, each page had 4 photos that were 2x3 on white background, no photoshop, no design, NOTHING! Personally I could create something better on shutterfly and receive it in a week not six months. Im just warning yopur girls unless you want to have constant issues with receiveing what you paid for i WOULD NOT go with this company. I paid $1800 and have absolutley nothing to show for it besides a ton of stress!!!

Good Luck with your wedding planning!

Re: WARNING DO NOT USE THE PHOTOGRAPHY SHOPPE!

• Thanks for the heads up! I haven't seen many reviews on this vendor, but they definitley advertise heavily via email and mail. It's really tempting to book someone on prices alone, but it really helps to hear reviews like this. I'm sorry you're having issues with them, but I hope your wedding day was still incredible! :)
  • We booked a meeting with them and then I read some reviews about them. Lots of complaints and after the meeting we kinda figured out why. Very impersonal and not very informative. We ended up booking Two Times Photography.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards