Wedding Party
Options

Good way to honor older sisters?

I have 2 older sisters - they are 18 and 15 years older than me, but they are my only sisters and we are pretty close. I have decided to not have either of them as bridesmaids or matrons-of-honor at my wedding (1. bc I didnt want to have to choose and couldnt have them both and 2. bc the age differance is so great and they wouldn't feel comfortable in bridesmaid dresses)  but I would like to honor them in some other way -- any suggestions?
Skate2011

Re: Good way to honor older sisters?

• Options
    Could they do a reading together during the ceremony? Or is either one of them musically inclined? If yes they could do a song during the ceremony.
  • Options
    Why can't you have them both?

Did they tell you they'd be uncomfortable in bridesmaid dresses because of their age? Or are you just assuming?
  • Options
    If you don't want to make them BMs/they have told you they don't want to be BMs, the only other real option that isn't a consolation prize is to have them do a reading.

Otherwise, being a guest is an honor. Get them corsages, have them come in with the mothers and grandparents, and leave it at that.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    ditto twilight.
  • Options
    I agree with asking them to do readings or else simply get them each a corsage and seat them in front row.  And of course keep them involved with then fun planning if they express an interest!  Its all about sharing the exciting time.  I think its fine that you haven't asked them to be BMs.
  • Options
    DH's brothers are 15 and 20 years older than him, but he asked them both to be groomsmen.  There are plenty of age-appropriate options for bridesmaid dresses for them, it just requires a bit of flexibility on your part.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    If it is a Catholic wedding you could also have them present the gifts?
  • Options
    I still don't get why you said you can't choose between them. Do you only have "one open slot" and one would need to be left out? Or do you think you can only have one Matron of Honor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards