Texas-San Antonio

Vendor Reviews - 5/28/11

Hello ladies!

I have been a member here for a long time, but never posted. I am very active on another site, but I know many SA brides use this site as a resource.

I posted longer reviews in the vendor review section for my May wedding, but thought I would recap here for anyone who is currently planning their wedding. I got extremely lucky with my vendors and I know reviews really help, so I just thought I would give my fabulous team a shout out!

VENUE: Spring Hill Event Center. I can't say enough about our venue. Perfect indoor/outdoor venue with a hill country feel. Naturally beautiful grounds so minimal decorations needed. Lots of extras included in the price. Everything about it was WONDERFUL. DIY bride-friendly! Many of our guests told us the food was the best they have ever had. So delicious! They have an in-house DJ and he did a great job on our ceremony and reception. And we are picky music people! :-) Best decision we made was having the wedding at Spring Hill!

PHOTOGRAPHER: Caitlin's Creations.
We are BEYOND thrilled with our photos! Caitlin and her staff were great to work with, and did everything they could to make sure we got the shots we wanted. So many people have said they felt like they were there after seeing our photos. The pics perfectly capture the emotion and fun of the day, not to mention all those little details that we all work hard on.  

CAKE: Seventh Heaven Cakes. Our cakes were fabulous! Michelle was so sweet, and listened very carefully to what we wanted. The detail on both cakes was perfect and they tasted incredible! She prefers phone calls or texts, so that is the best way to reach her.

FLORIST: Eden's Echo. I know that Erin already has a big following here, so I will keep it short. BOOK HER! Everything is true, she is awesome, and will turn your wedding flowers into works of art. Within your budget ;-)

HAIR/MAKEUP: Kellie @ Vanity Room. Kellie was awesome! I compared prices and services for what felt like every makeup artist in SA, and finally decided to do a trial with Kellie about three months before the wedding. I was so happy with the outcome that I booked her on the spot. She and an assistant did hair/makeup for me, my four BMs and my mom. She worked quickly and was very reasonably priced.

VIDEOGRAPHER: New Road Productions (based in Austin). Wes was great! He offers some good packages, and was very flexible with our payments. He stayed in the background on the wedding day, and he caught everything. We are completely in love with our video! 

ALTERATIONS: Sew Chic. Barbara and her team did a wonderful job on my dress. We did several fittings, and my dress fit like a glove on my wedding day. Someone even asked me if it was custom made! I always felt like I could speak up about anything that concerned me, and she made excellent recommendations that I would not have considered. (I know it's very tempting to skimp on alterations, but you want your dream dress to fit you perfectly!)

BRIDAL SHOWER: Pomegranate Restaurant. Just thought I would mention it here as a potential venue. Their staff was very nice, the food was good and it's a perfect location. Very cute, but modern!

OFFICIANT: Joseph Flores with All About Me. This was my hardest decision. I could not find exactly what I was looking for, and it turned into a stressful search. We wanted a ceremony that was somewhere between civil and religious, and the ability to write some of our vows/have general input on the ceremony. I was surprised by how hard that was to find in one person. Somehow I was fortunate enough to stumble across Joseph. I could go on and on about him, but he was truly a blessing. He met with us ahead of time, really got to know us and wrote a beautiful, unique ceremony tailored to us. Our friends and family thought we had known him for years! He made our wedding day special, and I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Hope this has helped someone :-)  Happy planning!

Re: Vendor Reviews - 5/28/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards