Wedding Party
Options

**vent** my bridesmaid decision

I'm catching some flack for my wedding party choice.  My bridesmaids are going to be three of my cousins that I'm closest with (I have a total of 12 cousins btw). At the time of my wedding their ages will be 23, 22 and 20. I do have a couple of friends that I would like as bridesmaids but that would cause a lot of drama between my friends that aren't picked so I decided to go the "blood is thicker than water" route and keep it in the family. My FH and I dont want a large wedding party and he doesn't have more than 3 friends that he feels close enough with to have stand by his side on his wedding day so a wedding party of 6 is perfect for us.

The problem:
On my dad's side of the family I have one more girl cousin that is 15 years old that I have not chosen because we aren't close and she is a lot younger than the rest of the wedding party. One of my aunts (the mom of two of my BM) pulled me aside this weekend to tell me that no one on my dad's side knows who my bridesmaids are. She wants me to keep it a secret from my cousin, her mom and our grandmother until the wedding so they don't get mad!! I do not feel comfortable with that at all and am angry that she suggested it. It's so much worse to keep it a secret especially when I'm not doing anything wrong. I dont feel guilty about my bridal party choice and now I'm feeling like I should. It's nothing personal to anyone not chosen. I don't live anywhere near them so I'm not sure how to make sure that it's not kept a secret for 8 months. 

I just wish this whole BM-thing wasn't so stressful. Again, I don't feel like I should feel guilty for anything b/c it's nothing personal for anyone not my BM. The wedding isn't about my wedding party..it's about my FH and I and our entire families and friends. 

Thanks for letting me vent!
Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards