Wedding Party

Infinity dress and undergarments

Hello ladies.

So I've fallen in love with the infinity dress for my BMs as I think it gives us the best bang for our buck and should fit every body shape which I have in my bridal party. The only real concern I'm having is my 34DD sized BM who has never found a strapless bra that has stayed and is certain the dress won't hold her up.

So I was curious, has anyone had a bridesmaid or worn one of these dresses and can give some input or know what kind of undergarments we can wear and are still hideable? Is the tube a life saver in these situations and can you still get beautiful ties with it.

I've tried looking for local shops like Twobirds, but the closest one is about 2 hours away which is a bit far. Thank you so much for your knowledge and help!

-Kristin

Re: Infinity dress and undergarments

• I had my girls try these dresses on, hoping they could convert them into whatever flattered them. What PP says is true, they show every lump and they are really hard to get a bra under. If strapless is ok, you can get the bandeau to put under it and wear the strapless, but if someone needs more support, we coudln't find a way to use a more supportive bra without it showing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Like the PP said, those dresses show every lump and bump. So even if you can find a bra for her (or anyone) to wear, it will show all the lumps, etc, which don't make people feel very pretty.

I would re-think
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_infinity-dress-and-undergarments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9415209f-0c16-415f-8198-5f6bcb4ebd30Post:26a1258e-d3dc-43ee-8759-c7e8af7d1476">Re:Infinity dress and undergarments</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't get your heart set on it until all of your girls try it on. I hate that dress with the passion of a thousand firey suns. It does NOT flatter "every body shape" by a long shot and the material is incredibly thin, so it shows every roll, every bump, every panty or bra line. They are also incredibly expensive, so you need to make sure you have discussed budget with your BMs before you ask them to buy it.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    All of this.

• I was once an E cup and had no trouble finding a strapless bra for prom and bridesmaid dresses.  Your bridesmaid needs to go to a professional bra shop (not a department store, not Victoria's Secret, not online) and get a real bra fitting.  She may need a longline strapless bra, but there are plenty of them out there and a professional will make sure she is well supported and controlled.  If she's not comfortable wearing strapless, that's another thing entirely, but going to the right place to buy a bra will make all the difference in the world.
  • I  wore one a year ago and at first I hated it.  i have 38dd's so i was worried it wouldnt be able to tie it.  We got the one from 2birds and got the tube.  With the tube and tying it with the sleaves I was able to wear a normal bra.  they are very fun to wear, everyone loved that we were the same yet differnt.  make sure you get spanx for underneath though.  I am 5'9 and order the extra length (like it says on the website) but then had to pay to have it all trimed.  ( a little upset about that)  i was also a sz 14/16 and it looked great on me and it looked great on my 5'2 flat chested best friend.  they are also costly (400) but i think dessy makes an affordable one.  hope all the info helps!
  • I agree with Stage and others who have said they are not flattering on everyone. They will show every single imperfection that you have. I also don't think it's fair to ask your large-chested BM go to a professional bra place and buy a super expensive bra that she may never need to wear again just to be able to wear an unflattering dress for your wedding, on top of buying a very expensive infinity dress to boot. If it's a dress that every single girl needs to invest in Spanx and expensive long bras to be able to wear and look halfway decent, it isn't worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thank you very much for the input. I've spoken with all the girls and they all were already looking into getting strapless bras for other weddings they are in, but I know one is a new mommy so the clingy reports don't sound fair for her.

Thank you so much! Back to the drawing board.
  • Hi, I’d like to remind you that there will be a White Day giveaway on JenJenHouse.com Facebook. There will be a big discount on the dress and other surprise. We're glad if you could join us!

https://www.facebook.com/events/141111119389779/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards