Wedding Party

Re: ...

• Since he already asked there is nothing you can do about it. I know it's going to be hard but try to let it go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-issues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:95290353-7424-4cc7-8429-eb95655bc39cPost:1bd8fcee-e2e1-4e43-a994-cb3be8067048">groomsmen issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FH and I specifically discussed asking 6 girls and 6 guys to be in our wedding party. But, two days ago, my FH planned a dinner and asked 7 guys to be groomsmen. So, now our numbers are uneve which bothers me... And, to make matters worse, my FH asked this a person that I haaaate to be a groomsman. There's history: this friend is notorious for nagging the other guys about "Why do you want to get married anyways? Gees. That's lame." And, very recently, for months he cheated on an acquaintance of mine with some girl he met on the internet. How do I fix the oversight of asking 7 instead of the agreed upon 6 people, and fix the mistake of inviting this creep to be in our wedding?
    Posted by christinab123[/QUOTE]

Suck it up.  Unless this guy did something to you for which you could press charges with the police, you don't get veto power.  And as for the uneven numbers, really, what's the worst that can happen?  They're becoming the norm.  It would have been a real shame if your FI felt that he had to exclude someone for the sake of something as silly and insignificant as symmetry.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-issues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:95290353-7424-4cc7-8429-eb95655bc39cPost:0be1fc1c-f56a-41a7-88c3-58ee9398e3b8">Re:groomsmen issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]He picks his side, you pick yours. Numbers don't have to be even, and unless this guy has done something awful directly to you, you are WAAAY overstepping your bounds here. Just accept it and move on.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  Part of being married, or even in a couple, means that he is going to have friends you may not have chosen.  He's an adult, and he's entitled to be friends with anyone he wants.  You are not his mother.</div><div>
    </div><div>You need to get over the even sides.  Asking or excluding a friend so that you have equal numbers of friends is stupid.  People matter.  Numbers don't.  </div>
  • You need to get over it.   You're going to have an uneven number so you may have two GM walk with one BM.   Problem solved.

In the meantime, don't let this guy bother you.
  • I love it when bad decisions aren't validated on the boards and people try and erase it like nothing happened. "YOU'RE GIVING ME SANE ADVICE! I'M LEAVING!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards