July 2012 Weddings
Options

Non-edible favor poll

Yes, that's right! Your favorite kind of favors.. the kind you can't eat but are stuck with!! Mwahahaha!!

So let's say the B&G are gracious enough to NOT cover everything with their names and wedding date... which non-edible favor would you prefer? Or at least, LESS hate?

ETA: Let's make this even more fun. Q #2: If this non-edible favor did have the B&G's name and wedding date lovingly allllll over it... would that change your decision? Which one would you pick?

Re: Non-edible favor poll

• Options
    I love the CD idea. We're going to do that if we have the time/money. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a CD at a cousin's wedding and, to this day, I have the songs on my iPod as "M's Wedding Mix". It's a very cute idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I voted for the bottle stopper idea because that's part of what FI and I are doing. We are going to alternate every other seat with a bottle opener and a winte bottle stopper with the same heart design.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cute Nikki! I would enjoy a wine stopper or bottle opener myself! Probably because I don't have either hahaha but I honestly do think they're both pretty useful things to have.
  • Options

Photobooth frames... with our names all over it (Wink ) in the slot that they can remove and replace with their photo strips :)

• Options
    We don't drink wine..so..

I voted for Salt and pepper shakers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd either want salt and pepper shakers but I wouldn't want them if they were very wedding-y.

We're doing shot glasses. AND we're putting our names on them! Mwuahahhahahaha
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking about a mix CD but wasn't sure if that was still an "in" thing to do since everyone is all iPod, etc. So, going to revisit that one! I also love the idea of shot glasses if there was something more to it, like wedding has a theme, shot glass represents that, or if a destination wedding, shot glass represents the place, etc. 

We went to a wedding last year where the favor was tiny paintings on easels. It was cute and I was thinking I could set it up in my guest bathroom. Unfortunately we lost ours before the night was over. 
    ~ES~
  • Options
    We are actually doing custom trading cards.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_non-edible-favor-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c1d5741-2def-454d-967e-e89f25573b61Post:ea5e03c4-ae3c-451a-8b49-a24ee14aa14e">Re: Non-edible favor poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I wouldn't use anything with someone else's name and date all over - even were it from my sibling or bestie's wedding. Some people (like my mom) will keep it, but they probably won't use it. What do people do down there? You might want to take that into account.
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

No no.. I think I've been confusing today. Neither of my posts are questions for me... it was just a general poll/ question for all of you. lol I'm not even having favors!!

The topic of how much everyone hates non-edible favors was discussed recently so I thought of making a poll to see which one was least disliked.
  • Options
    salt & pepper shakes are a NEAT idea!!!! hahaha  I would have also chosed, picture frame or candle...but I'm picky about my scented candles...I also love the CD idea...I got one at a wedding A LONG time ago and I still listen to the cd! hahaha it has all the good old school songs like: Bryan Adams "everything i do", Shania Twain & Brian White's duet...haha
  • Options
    I would say picture frame or candle. Wine stopper is useful, but I have to think realistically that any item you are getting as a wedding favor is probably under $3 each, so that would likely be a pretty crap quality wine stopper. I'd rather have no favor at all than something that is just junk.

But this poll just reminded me why I am so into edible (or drinkable) favors. I really wouldn't want any of the things on this list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_non-edible-favor-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c1d5741-2def-454d-967e-e89f25573b61Post:8f90b152-faef-4801-b81b-80abac16e010">Re: Non-edible favor poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say picture frame or candle. Wine stopper is useful, but I have to think realistically that any item you are getting as a wedding favor is probably under $3 each, so that would likely be a pretty crap quality wine stopper. I'd rather have no favor at all than something that is just junk.<strong> But this poll just reminded me why I am so into edible (or drinkable) favors. I really wouldn't want any of the things on this list.</strong>
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]
    Me too!! I really had a hard time choosing any of them that I thought I would actually use.  I think I chose candle, but I am kind of picky about scents of my candles, so I might not even actually burn it. 
  • Options
    My friend did a CD of music that was important/funny to their realationship and had a liner explaining why they chose the songs.  It was cute, and the music was a wide range of styles.  I still have the cd in my car and the mix on my ipod and I love it.  I think it's a good idea.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Wine stopper works for me! I LOVE wine. But not everybody drinks wine.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd be fine with the wine stopper or the cd, but then again, I love wine and music.  I don't think anyone would want a bookmark and I doubt most men would want a candle or soap. A shot glass is ok if majority of your guests like to drink. I'd probably throw away the other stuff (no offensive).
  • Options
    Can I just say, that I might be weird, but I HATE edible favors... I have germ issues, and the thought of 6 or 7 women sitting around a table dishes m&m's into not so clean bags or little paper boxes kinda skeeves me out. No matter the edible favor I just picture peoples hands all over it, and throw it away.

Also, with ppl and allergies these days I would think twice about edible favors.. Nothing says thanks like an epi-pen to the leg and an ER trip.. lol
  • Options
    What about a photo booth as a non-edible party favor?
    ~ES~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards