Texas-San Antonio

Tell me how...

...You and FI/H met!!

We met at a party at his house :). My friend turned 21 so I took her to a bar and she was over that, and her friend told her he knew of a party so we went. We stopped by HEB to get some sodas and cups (BEER PONG! haha) and thats where I saw him. 6 feet of pure handsome man. We locked eyes and smiled. I just KNEW he was going to be mine.

Well as the night progressed, we were playfully making fun of each other (One thing that sticks out is when a pong ball rolled into his room and he was like "HEY GET OUT OF MY ROOM" and I went "make me" and stood there. He made me lol), and I was mostly telling him he sucked at beer pong. :)

Well. one thing led to another and we were making out, and he stopped and told me he "didn't do one night stands". My heart soared. I was falling-- hard and fast.

Well. I went home after about an hour of sleep, he didn't sleep and went to work. We texted all day until he got off work and I went over to his house. We hung out and watched movies.

He told me about 2 weeks into our relationship that he wanted me to move in with him when I felt ready. I felt ready in 2 weeks after that :). Now we're 24 days from being husband and wife! I've been with him for 1 year and 2 months and cannot wait!!

Re: Tell me how...

• edited December 2011
    We met on the coldest night in San Antonio, and believe it or not, it was well below freezing outside. I went out with a group of Army friends to see Kelli Pickler in concert, at Cowboy's Dancehall. Cowboys is a HUGE country western bar, and a great place to dance. The crowd was small due to the frigid temps, but we had a good time anyways. A guy that was in my group of friends, had been my dance partner all night long, and as he drank more, he became a little too rough in getting me to dance. At one point, he wrapped his arm around my neck, and literally tried to drag me out on the dance floor. Now-- I was raised in Texas, and know that a gentleman always asks a lady to dance. So, to show him how to properly ask a lady, I set out to ask a nice fella to dance.

Little did I know that I would be asking my future husband to dance! I barely saw Daniel standing alone out the corner of my eye. I walked straight up to him, not caring what he looked like, and was hoping he would say yes, to prove my point. Daniel accepted my offer, and we set out on the dance floor, in spite of the rude boy I left behind at the table. When we danced, it just felt right to be held by him. Daniel swears he was trying to figure out if he knew me, and realized once we were dancing that we had never met before.

We danced again, and then he never left my side. From that moment, we have become best friends, learned that we need to have God involved in our relationship, and have become a family. When most guys found out that I had a child, they would shy away, and I was sure Daniel would do the same. To my surprise, he didn't. He has grown to love Ava like his own. We are firm believers that this was all God's Plan, and we feel so blessed to have found each other.
  • edited December 2011
    I originally met him at a 'pimps and hoes' themed 21st birthday party at a mutual friends house. I ended up taking his hat (zebra striped with a pink boa around the edges) and we hung out a couple of times after that, but it really didn't turn into anything.

A year and a half later we had astronomy together. Neither of us knew until we litterally bumped into each other while turning in homework. After that we started doing our homework together. We went to school at Oklahoma State and while I was in Austin visiting my parents he drove from San Antonio where he was visiting his parents to go on our first real date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards