Texas-San Antonio
Options

RECEPTION VENUES IN SAN ANTONIO

I'm getting married in May, and just barely got engaged but most venues are booked already for the 28th of may. because my fiancee is in the army we don't have flexibility with that date, if you know of any venues or good places to have a reception PLEASE let me know!
thanks and love!
yolanda.

Re: RECEPTION VENUES IN SAN ANTONIO

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in May, and just barely got engaged but most venues are booked already for the 28th of may. because my fiancee is in the army we don't have flexibility with that date, if you know of any venues or good places to have a reception PLEASE let me know!
    thanks and love!
    yolanda.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amh9101amh9101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highland Hills has a great space. Call Anita at 210-685-4615

Hot Wells Ballroom on South Presa too.  

I think these places are lesser known.  They are both on the south side of town.  While it shouldn't be a deterrent, it is to some people.  I've been to events at both places and I think they turned out really nice.  

• Options
    drini13drini13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theres a new venue that just got renovated and opened up called Lambermont Place on grayson its beautiful thats where im having my wedding in october since its new im sure may is available
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your guest count and budget, but I'm sure there's lots of places that could accomodate you. I used sanantonioweddings.com, they have a TON of local vendors and contact info for them.
  • Options
    rammo01rammo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try The Menger Hotel or Spring Hill Event Center
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really end up in a bind try the Inn at Craig Place if it is going to be a small wedding (like max of 25 people) You can also try Garden Heighs Chapel and Country Cottage, but I think they only have the 21st available not the 28th... Good luck.
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aggie Park is less well know, or maybe try one of the hotels that aren't downtown like the La Quinta near the Medical Center - it has a ballroom area that is supposed to be really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gardens of olde town helotes is really nice and just now opening so they may have available dates as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You should check out the Ray Ellison Auditorium.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    La Escondida Ranch in Helotes.  Contact Sandra Puente.

There you can have your ceremony and reception at the same site.

http://www.laescondida.net/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Yolanda,
    The Convent has May 28th available and from what I understand, there are discounts available for those who book befor the end of march.
    You can reach them at 270 8999
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stay totally away from The Gardens at Westgreen and Scenic Springs in Helotes. 

They are total party killers.  They bring out a decibel meter and they don't take the reading from the street.  They take the reading from approximately 50 feet in front of the music.  Of course it's going to register high.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards