Texas-San Antonio

Wedding dress alterations-any recommendations?

I bought my dress in another state and now need to get it altered to fit me.  Can anyone suggest a good tailor in the San Antonio or Austin area?

Thank you!!!

Re: Wedding dress alterations-any recommendations?

• DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've read really good reviews about Sew Chic here in SA, but I haven't had the chance to use them. I'm planning on getting my dress altered there closer to my wedding date.

http://www.mysewchic.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Sew Chic is definitely the place to go.  I take all stuff there and have always been very pleased with the outcome and service.  I'm not sure that there is anyone else that specializes in wedding gowns with their kind of experience. 
  • Over 40 years of Wedding Alterations in San Antonio - Willie Madden 210.655.7528

I feel a very strong need to recommend Willie Madden to the brides of San Antonio.
    In addition to wedding alterations she creates costumes for UTSA, Fiesta, dance companies and Cornerstone Church (not even her church) etc. - she is my grandma and I'm a very proud granddaughter.

She has never had a website or email address (she's old school but she's way hip), you call her anytime though. She is ALWAYS recommended by word of mouth, there has never been a need for her to create a site or email. You will not be disappointed with her pricing and a language barrier is not an issue.

She doesn't even know I'm doing this right now. I was featured in the Knot Texas Falll/Winter 2012 magazine and she didn't even know what The Knot is - she keeps it old school.

You need to know about her. Wedding Alterations - Willie Madden 210.655.7528

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards