July 2012 Weddings
Options

dress cleaning and preservation

Hello Ladies,
Congratulations to you all!!! I hope you all had amazing weddings! love seeing the pictures.
I wanted to ask you, what do you all do in regards to dress cleaning/preservation.  do you use regular cleaners, purchased a kit, use professional gown preservationists? also, do you plan on keeping your dress, selling it, ect?
TIA

Re: dress cleaning and preservation

• Options
    I am looking into preserving my big dress after dry cleaning.  The lady who I got my alterations done with runs the alterations out of her dry cleaning business and she said she does preserving as well so I was going to call her later this week as she has been on vacation for a few weeks.  I plan on just keeping my shorter 2nd reception dress, I may try and take out the crinoline in it so I can wear it as a normal short white dress.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am bringing it back to the boutique I purchased it from, they are going to preserve it and clean it for $275.  Cheaper than other places I looked into....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Geez is it that expensive? I have plans on preserving it but I obviously haven't done my research yet haha
  • Options
    I was just wondering the same thing - I guess I should do some research.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    When I bought my dress at David's Bridal, they had an offer that my mom bought then, so I just had to box it up and ship it away! 
  • Options
    MeganMarie,
    do you know if the box from David's Bridal can be purchased even if I did not purchase the dress there?  If you don't mind sharing, how much was it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards