Texas-San Antonio

Rehearsal dinner...one day or two days before wedding????

Our wedding is at 10am on a Saturday. There is a 1:30-2:30pm and an 8-9pm slot for rehearsing the day before the wedding (Friday). We could also have the rehearsal on Thursday. Which one should we do?? Friday night is definitely not an option since our wedding is in the morning on Saturday. 

On one hand I'm worried that having it Friday afternoon will make it hard to schedule important appointments (hair, nails/spa) and I'll be exhausted from all the running around. However, having it Friday makes the rehearsal "fresher" in the minds of the wedding party. On the other hand if it's Thursday it's less "fresh" in the minds of the wedding party and they might screw up something...also, will it be expecting too much for members of the wedding party to be there 2 days before the wedding? The good thing about Thursday is it takes the pressure off of having so much to do on Friday!

Help! Has any one dealt with this? Suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

-JM

Re: Rehearsal dinner...one day or two days before wedding????

• McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time is the Thursday rehearsal slot?  I'm just thinking if you do it Friday afternoon, can people get off work to be there and even if they can, are they willing to? A friend of mine was really annoyed when her sister got married on a Friday (so she had to take that day off) and asked her to also leave a little early from work on Thursday to go to the rehearsal. My friend was pissed that she had to miss work on 2 different days....and it was for her SISTER, so I thought she should have been a little more flexible about it.  So after that experience,  I'm just always thinking of how people will react with stuff like this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • mys6586mys6586 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my rehearsal  two days before the wedding due to scheduling conflicts with the priest and everything turned out fine. The wedding party remembered everything they were supposed to do. I was also able to relax on the Friday before my wedding because I didn't have to worry about the rehearsal.
  • ms1507ms1507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Is anyone from your bridal party coming from out of town? are you planning to do a rehearsal dinner as well?

Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • judeandmariajudeandmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out the Thursday slot is for anytime after 5pm (within reason of course!). I was thinking we could have the rehearsal meal (dinner or lunch depending on the day we choose) the same day as the ceremony rehearsal. There will be out of town folks in the bridal party....the groomsmen are coming from overseas so they should be there by Thursday...the bridesmaids are coming from out of town as well...one from Dallas and the other from out of state). If we do Thursday ceremony rehearsal from 5:30-6:30pm we could have rehearsal dinner immediately after and hang out for a while. Friday ceremony rehearsal from 1:30-2:30pm would mean a rehearsal meal (brunch/lunch) before the ceremony rehearsal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards