Texas-San Antonio

NEED HELP FOR RECEPTION PLACE ASAP!!

need help I had a reception spot and need a new one. The one I had before was nice but the lady there kept giving me diffrent numbers and something totally diffrent from what the owner said.  I just dont want no suprises on my wedding day. I just need a new place for my reception quick. I am also on a very limited budget dont want to spend over 2000 for a hall. My wedding is in October, I have my dress, decorations, bridesmaids, and other stuff I just need need a hall quickly can someone help me PLEASE!
Steph
stremillo@yahoo.com
san antonio, txCry

Re: NEED HELP FOR RECEPTION PLACE ASAP!!

• edited December 2011
    Are you having a church wedding? If you are, have you looked into renting a church hall? Some church halls are under 2,000, but of course it depends on which church.

Also, do you have the catering covered? If you don't you're more than likely going to have to go over your 2,000 budget if you include the catering and the venue-and depending on how many guests you are having...HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    i wanted something a little non tradional and catering i wanted bbq i found this one place for bbq that will charge me about 700.00 and my ceremony i wanted maybe outside in a gazebo downtown or on the riverwalk which will cost about 400.00. so just really need a hall...
    thanks
    steph
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at Gardens at West Green and it was great! I was able to have the ceremony and reception there...they provide all the tables, chairs, and white linens. You can bring in whoever for the food. And it's under your budget.

Another option is Spanish Governor's Palace downtown..you again could do both ceremony and reception there..it rents for only $425 but you do have to rent out chairs and tables cause they don't provide that. Also, you can use whoever for food here. Both of these options I've mentioned so far are totally outiside with no indoor option.

Another place is Braun Hall..it's like a really old dance hall near Braun and 1604 that has tables and chairs...and is in your price range...not the prettiest place though.

I believe there are a few church halls downtown that are fairly inexpensive (under $1,000), but I can't remember their names off the top of my head. I hope some of this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Faithville is 2000 for everything. You might check with them.
  • Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you having?-The Woodward House rents out for 2,000 I think. -That includes the tables and chairs, not the silverware or linens.It holds up to 175ppl  -They also allow you to bring in your own caterer   Good Luck!  
      There's also Encino Ballroom, Friday-Rental Fee $1,000.00 Saturday- Rental Fee $1,200.00 Sunday-Thursday Fee $800.00   Deposit- $500.00 (Half will be returned after event as long as you comply with the contract, the other $250.00 will go towards cleaning.) Security- $200 (with out alcohol) or $400 (with alcohol)   In Total:     Rental Fee +Deposit +Security ____ = Total
    You can also do a search of venues on the San Antonio Weddings Website:http://www.sanantonioweddings.com/reference_guides.asp?category=2
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • izellgonizellgon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GO TO THE GRAND PROMENADE OWNED BY PAT O'BRIENS ITS A REALLY LARGE HALL AND THE FEE FOR JUST THE HALL AND NO FOOD IS SUPER CHEAP!! AND ITS IN DOWN TOWN. TALK TO KRYSTAL HER PHONE # IS 210-212-3957 THEY WILL REALLY WORK WITH YOU!! HOPE ALL GOES WELL!!
  • KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your looking for something downtown, try the La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom, its amazing! Two floor to celings glass walls, a huge patio area, and a lovely view of the riverwalk! We booked it for 1,360, its the best deal I've seen yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    La Orilla Del Rio books pretty far in advance as far as venues go, just an FYI.

6th Street Studio is downtown and only $1500 but you have to bring in tables and chairs which can make it more expensive. It's gorgeous though!
  • edited December 2011

Sounds weird maybe, but I had contemplated renting the VFW hall that's located downtown by the "new" section of the Riverwalk. It's close to San Antonio Museum of Art. I see party's there all the time, and it looks like so much fun. And the old mansion is just gorgeous. I'm pretty sure it's under $500 to rent it out for receptions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards