Wedding Party
Options

Did anyone see Project Runway last night? *spoilers*

The challenge was for the designers to turn hiiiiideous bridesmaids dresses into something they could actually wear again. I had to laugh, because I saw one on there that reminded me of an unfortunate dress I had to wear for a wedding once.

Then I was thinking, "Oh my goodness. What if you were the bride at one of these weddings and didn't know your bridesmaid was going on Project Runway in the ugly bridesmaid dress challenge?"

It was actually really entertaining and some of the outfits turned out to be adorable...but the designers still couldn't make me appreciate faux-satin fuchsia dresses.
It's a girl!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Did anyone see Project Runway last night? *spoilers*

• Options
    Yesssssss!

Here's my C&P from SB:

Can someone please explain to me what exactly did Michael C. do to deserve the scorn of everyone (save for Casanova)?  It's befuddling. 
    I'm half convinced that the judges are just really effing with Gretchen and her crew, but the last couple of episodes have been nothing short of genius.  I'm stiff a bit baffled how Michael's dress was better than Mondo's - certainly more wearable.  I think Mondo was going with a mod styling with his look, but I was wondering why he didn't articulate that.

And, can Ivy just STFU.  All she does is babble.  So far, she has produced nothing remarkable.  Hmm...
  • Options
    I also want to know why designers when they have to design for a "plus-size" woman, just start draping fabric on her?  Michael D. got the bigger model and bought some netting that he draped over the existing dress.  It's insulting.

He had money to buy fabric - why could he have made a top out of the dress, grabbed some black or gray fabric and made a nice pencil skirt.  I don't understand why they do that.  I mean, plus-sized clothing has come a long way.  But judging by what he came up with, apparently not far enough.  /rant

Oh and don't even get me started on Peach.  That was aw.ful. 
  • Options
    I was disappointed that Mondo didn't win. His dress, I think, was the most offensive of all the hideous dresses and he made it beautiful. To say his styling was too "Jersey Shore" and keep him from winning even after his dress was the public favorite, I think is a little much. This is twice that I feel like the judges have robbed him of a win - the billboard week is the other one. A sickly gray jumpsuit with hideous ankle boots over his adorable, layered tweed baby doll dress? That was a fashion tragedy.

Um...sometimes I get a little too involved in "my stories". I hope you'll excuse my ridiculous fandom.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And oh yes, the plus-size girl. I love that bigger women are always chosen last and treated like such a burden on Project Runway. That dress ended up looking like something I would have worn to prom...in 1982.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with you about the bill board challenge.  I just so don't get why Gretchen won. At.all.  I also think Valerie was robbed of a win over Andy - the party supply challenge.  I don't know what the judges are thinking this year - it's definitely difficult to pinpoint what they're looking for. 

I don't mind the fandom at all. haha 

If anyone's interested, this is a great recap:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_did-anyone-see-project-runway-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:aa645e07-d0ea-4889-a031-772d6250620bPost:1b241513-252c-4063-a6a6-3e41906c179d">Re: Did anyone see Project Runway last night? *spoilers*</a>:
    [QUOTE]And oh yes, the plus-size girl. I love that bigger women are always chosen last and treated like such a burden on Project Runway. That dress ended up looking like something I would have worn to prom...in 1982.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, it's terrible.  And Michael gushing about, "I'm so excited and honored to create a dress for her..." Really?  Then why make her look like a fat trashy barbie doll.  It was awful.  Her hair looked bad.  The whole think was just ridiculous.  Big poofy dress with lace and netting?  Seriously?  Who would wear that?  The model was like, "It's comfortable."  No shiit, it's a big flowy pink dress, of course it's comfortable. Grrrr.</div>
  • Options
    I feel like their picks for winners were a little too "right now". The show is recorded months in advance, and if they pick winners whose designs are on trend for the time (gray jumpsuit and hideous ankle boots) their picks just seem ridiculous and played out.

But then again, I have to say I thought Michael C's dress this week was a big lumpy curtain and it won. So maybe I just don't get "it" at all.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_did-anyone-see-project-runway-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:aa645e07-d0ea-4889-a031-772d6250620bPost:7233a0b8-561c-4cce-b440-86ab905712ca">Re: Did anyone see Project Runway last night? *spoilers*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did anyone see Project Runway last night? *spoilers* : Yeah, it's terrible.  And Michael gushing about, "I'm so excited and honored to create a dress for her..." Really?  Then why make her look like a fat trashy barbie doll.  It was awful.  Her hair looked bad.  The whole think was just ridiculous.  Big poofy dress with lace and netting?  Seriously?  Who would wear that?  The model was like, "It's comfortable."  No shiit, it's a big flowy pink dress, of course it's comfortable. Grrrr.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

The sad part is, I think it was even worse without all the netting. You could see every.little.hot.pink.imperfection on her body. Oh, and I loved the addition of the modesty jacket on the runway. Come on! She had good arms! Don't cover them!
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, just make a jacket and throw it over her.  It really steams me.  Every.time. a designer gets a plus-sized model, they don't know what the hell to do.  Craziness.  You would think that I'm wearing a big moo moo right now, simply because designers can't design clothing for bigger women.  Well, I'm not.  

Seems like it would be a niche for certain designers to create clothing for plus-size women.  It would be interesting if they had a designer on next season, who specialized in that.  I dunno, just a different perspective is all.  Oh, remember the African designer, I can't remember her name, but she was top 3, I think.  She designed clothing for curvier women and I thought she was phenomenal. 

• Options
    I think it was Korto. She was awesome. I felt like she was underappreciated in her season. Everything she did was so organic and beautiful. I pretty much want Korto to dress me every day.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards