Wedding Party

Momma Drama...HELP!!!

Hello ladies,

This is a rant...not sure if any advise will help or not but here goes...

Since becoming engaged my mother has been super crazy! Once engaged, she sent me a text asking me if $3k would be helpful toward the wedding and I, ofcourse, replied "yes, thank you very much!" Apparently, she meant %1500 from her and she was then going to nag my father, her ex-husband, for the rest because she feels if they were married that's how much they would've contributed. I have tried to be nice about it and explain to her that she lost the right to dictate where his money goes when she divorced him and that it's no ones business where his money goes. She will not drop the issue of my dad helping go....

Also, she came over on my birthday, I live over an hour from her, to tell me why her boyfriend doesn't like me for reason that are fiction and supposedly happened years ago. This was prompted when I told her a week or so before that "no, I did not want to get ready for the wedding at her house bc her boyfriend always makes me feel unwelcome in his home."

UGH I always knew my mom was crazy and likes to play high school drama but this is just unreasonable...any suggestions because I am about ready to just send her an invite and leave it at that :( yuck!

Thanks to those who take the time to read this!

Re: Momma Drama...HELP!!!

• Stand your ground and lean on your fiance for support.  If your mother is going to cause drama, you are better off telling her firmly but gently that if she cannot lay off and be supportive of you, she will not be welcome to be a part of your wedding day.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_momma-dramahelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae7f5887-ee1e-494b-ab7a-1970ea34c0f1Post:978a1a57-3b86-4469-89e3-eedbba1b9a01">Re: Momma Drama...HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Momma Drama...HELP!!! : Sorry your mom is being an asshole.  I would decline her money, plan & pay for the wedding I could afford and do just what you said - just send her an invitation at the appropriate time.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

This.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for the support, this has been so very hard for me. She's trying to tear me apart and I am just grown and strong willed enough to not put up with it anymore.

Sorry my post sounded a little off at parts but I guess there was an error when I posted it last night and I was on the phone at the time lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_momma-dramahelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ae7f5887-ee1e-494b-ab7a-1970ea34c0f1Post:978a1a57-3b86-4469-89e3-eedbba1b9a01">Re: Momma Drama...HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Momma Drama...HELP!!! : Sorry your mom is being an asshole.  I would decline her money, plan & pay for the wedding I could afford and do just what you said - just send her an invitation at the appropriate time.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

This.

Why would your mom tell you that her boyfriend doesn't like you?  That's mean.
  • I absolutely agree...An update...I attempted to advise her that I would be giving her the money back and she went bat $hit crazy on me. She told me that when I want to be an adult to send her an invite to the wedding but otherwise not to bother. She doesn't really get it however, after going at it back and forth, via text bc she wouldn't speak to me over the phone, she finally called me to apologize for what she did on my birthday. Things still are unknown at this point but she says she wants to talk when "we are both calm". We will see, I am hopeful but I know how her "talks" go. She did surprise me with an apology though so who knows...it just sucks!

Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards