Wedding Party
Options

NWR: I'm back

Hello, WPB friends.  I've been away for a couple of weeks, and at the risk of bringing people down, want to vent a bit.

I was away because my youngest DD and her roommate were victims of a violent crime when an intruder forced his way into their apartment very early in the morning. 

DD's roommate, who is also her best friend, was beaten and raped while my DD was frantically calling 911 from her bedroom next door, having to listen to what was happening to her dearest friend and then being terrified as he tried to get into her room.

Blessedly, the police arrived in time to catch this horrible person inside their apartment.   Our families are now deeply involved in the criminal justice system as the offender is navigating his way through the system. 

Fortunately, the US Attorney who is prosecuting the case, and the SAT (think SVU) detectives who are on the case are simply wonderful and have treated both girls with incredible dignity, empathy, and respect.

Anyway, as you can well imagine, it's been the worst couple weeks of my life.  And that's going some, because I never did tell you all that my other DD, (the one who was married last July) suffered a life-threatening ruptured ectopic pregnancy in January.

So there you go, WPB friends.  I have had limited time on a computer as we've been back and forth to the city where she lives.  And....well, we've been pretty busy.
"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146

Re: NWR: I'm back

• Options
    Oh my gosh!  I hope everything works out ok and everyone's lives can be put back in order and back to normal.  My thoughts are with you.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Wow.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  My thoughts are with your daughter and her roommate now.  

But it's good to hear that the police working with them are so great.  That's definitely a blessing.  
  • Options
    Oh my. I can't believe that! I watch that kind of stuff on TV, but you never imagine it happening to anyone you know (or know of). I'm so sorry Trix, that is absolutely terrible. I wish your daughter and her friend all the best in getting through this and being able to move on with their lives after this happening. It is so fortunate that they were both at home, I can only imagine what would have happened if only one of them were at home. I really have no words to describe how horrible this is. Your daughter and her friend will be in my thoughts.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, what an awful thing to happen. I noticed you were not around much, but never in my wildest thoughts did I imagine it was something this awful.

You and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I haven't been around long enough to know you (through your posts) but that is horrible and my thoughts are going out to you and your family through this horrible time.
  • Options
    How awful Trix!!

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.   Thank God the suspect was apprehended!
  • Options
    Trix that's awful! I'm just so glad that they were able to catch the guy.

My prayers go out to you and yours.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Oh my god, that's horrible, but I'm glad the police nabbed him. Hopefully, he'll get the punishment her deserves. I am glad that your DD and her roomie are otherwise safe.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Omg Trix.. I'm so sorry to hear this.  Thoughts and prayers headed your way, truly.
  • Options
    I am so incredibly sorry to hear that.  Your family and your daughter's friend are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Oh Trix, I am so sorry to hear all this.  Your family and DD friend are in my prayers.  Stay strong.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG how awful. That must have been a nightmare. I'm so sorry and please know you have lots of hugs and prayers coming to you. Thinking of your family <3
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards