Texas-San Antonio

Who are your vendors?

I haven't seen one of these threads on here in awhile, so I figured I would post! I'll also throw in a wrench and say post your dress pics as well because I can't choose one to save my life so I want to see others!!!

Ceremony: Central Christian Church
Reception: The Crystal Room at the Old San Fransisco Steakhouse
Caterer: Absolutely Delicious Catering
DJ: Holtz Entertatinment
Photographer: FACES by Jessica
Cake: Seventh Heaven Cakes
Flowers: Flower Forrest

Still need:
Dress-There's probably about 4 styles that I'm stuck between, so this makes me think that maybe I haven't actually found the one yet! lol

Groom's Cake-I'm thinking Creations Cakes. Had a sample at the bridal fair and almost died. Amazing. Was originally going to DIY with cupcakes, but now I'm thinking I'll splurge to get this baker.

E-pics and bridal session photographer

Tux/suit for the groom

Videographer (maybe?)

Stationery

and all the little extras!

Re: Who are your vendors?

• edited December 2011
    Ceremony- Botanical Gardens
    Reception- Hotel Contessa
    Deco/Flowers- Budget Bridal (fingers crossed, since shes had bad reviews)
    Chivari chairs- Aztek Rental
    Cake- Williams Confectionary (Bride and Grooms cakes)
    Wedding Day Photography- BlueFire Photo
    E-pics/Trash the dress- Alamo Photography
    Dress- Davids Bridal... right off the rack...but its stunning!!!
    Bridesmaid Dresses- Debi's Bridal
    Photobooth- David @Video Services
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony: La Villita The Little Church
    Reception: Hotel Contessa
    Flowers: Eden's Echo
    Cake: Tres Leches from Paloma Blanca, Cupcakes from Cakes by Cathy Young
    Coctail hour: Mariachi through Sturchio Entertainment
    Reception music: Montevista Strings

Good luck everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted La Vallita... when is your date? I got beat by a few hours on booking the ceremony there. lol
  • edited December 2011
    We're at La Villita on 2/18.  
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there on 12/03. That's too bad you couldn't book! When are you getting married?
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maery- are you decorating the church any? I think we will just have bows on the rails in the front of the church.  If we did flowers, it would be at the altar and I already think the stained glass is so pretty..
  • edited December 2011
    March 24 2012... I settled for the Botanical Gardens instead...
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But the botanical gardens are soooo pretty, don't feel bad!!! I wanted to have the cermeony there, but I have THE WORST luck, so we opted for an indoor venue for the ceremony!
  • edited December 2011
    @jl409:  crazy thing, but I've never been there!  my family visited for me.  i talked to my florist about church decorations and she actually said it's so small, quaint, and pretty on its own, it's not necessary (and b/c the ceremony is so short, a good place to save $).  but i was only discussing the inside with her.

i'll be in SA in november and will check it out and think about any decor.  anything would have to be inexpensive and DIY b/c i'm pretty maxed on budget!

would love to hear what you do with it! 
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @maery1:  Aww! I can't wait to hear how you like it once you see it!  Your family is right.  It's historic and beautiful on it's own.  I think I may try to make 2 tulle bows to put on the bottom of the rails but that is it.  Here are the rails:

• edited December 2011

La Vallita is sooooo perfect! The stained glass and the historical charm... she is right no decor needed. When I was considering that location, I invisioned some fresh flowers on the pews down the isle... very simple.

• edited December 2011
    Ceremony: The Convent
    Reception: The Convent
    Caterer: Feedback Catering-- soo delicious! Love them
    DJ: Finest Sounds
    Photographer: Bluefire photography
    Cake: D'Pasteles
    Flowers: I bought all my flowers on fiftyflowers.com and made all the bouquets and centerpieces. really nice experience.
    Dress: Davids bridal
    Chocolate fountain: chocolate affair

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Creations Cakes is AMAZING. I mean A-MAZ-ING. They are doing a bass guitar with sheet music for my fiance's cake! And their cake is SO good. Definitely recommend them :-D As far as stationary..we got our invitations from You've Got Paper! They were SO helpful and really worked with us on budget and we love the results and I believe they have stationary items there as well. Tux/Suit for the groom, we are diehard Men's Warehouse fans; fiance's on the tall side so they really accomadated him.
    Mrs. Vail 11.11.11
  • amw0516amw0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony: Old San Fransisco Steakhouse
    Reception: The Crystal Room at the Old San Fransisco Steakhouse
    Caterer: Absolutely Delicious Catering
    DJ: Whoever Old SF Steakhouse uses.  She is currently changing DJs

Still need:
    Official
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Cake
    Flowers: but probably by Eden's Echo
    Dress: know which one just trying to find it used!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:e1677813-466b-4825-a269-9804f87d02ac">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ceremony: Old San Fransisco Steakhouse Reception: The Crystal Room at the Old San Fransisco Steakhouse Caterer: Absolutely Delicious Catering DJ: Whoever Old SF Steakhouse uses.  She is currently changing DJs Still need: Official Photographer Videographer Cake Flowers: but probably by Eden's Echo Dress: know which one just trying to find it used!
    Posted by amw0516[/QUOTE]

Ooo What room are you using for the ceremony at the OSFS? I thought about doing everything there to save a little bit of money, but wasn't sure if that's something they had done before.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:7349cc39-a9df-4af4-aaff-9a52d63e01c6">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Creations Cakes is AMAZING. I mean A-MAZ-ING. They are doing a bass guitar with sheet music for my fiance's cake! And their cake is SO good. Definitely recommend them :-D As far as stationary..we got our invitations from You've Got Paper! They were SO helpful and really worked with us on budget and we love the results and I believe they have stationary items there as well. Tux/Suit for the groom, we are diehard Men's Warehouse fans; fiance's on the tall side so they really accomadated him.
    Posted by mrsvail2011[/QUOTE]

We already had our wedding cake booked before I tried Creation's Cakes at that bridal show, but they were absolutely AMAZING. I was originally going to DIY the groom's cake, but I can't stop thinking about how GOOD her cakes were and I have this little voice in my head telling me I HAVE TO HAVE IT lol.
  • amw0516amw0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:50adc7af-5b8b-44b3-b83e-857b1d438321">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are your vendors? : Ooo What room are you using for the ceremony at the OSFS? I thought about doing everything there to save a little bit of money, but wasn't sure if that's something they had done before.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

I am using what they called the "Gold Room."  Its upstairs and they are fixing the entire thing up with a stage and stuff for it.  They do ceremonys there but they are just now redoing the room to make it more of a ceremony room than just another room in the OSFS.  Its a quirky place and we fell in love with it. 

Looks like you will be using the OSFS 2 weeks before me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:3bcf60ae-02a4-4c32-8edb-0163a27b8972">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are your vendors? : I am using what they called the "Gold Room."  Its upstairs and they are fixing the entire thing up with a stage and stuff for it.  They do ceremonys there but they are just now redoing the room to make it more of a ceremony room than just another room in the OSFS.  Its a quirky place and we fell in love with it.  Looks like you will be using the OSFS 2 weeks before me :)
    Posted by amw0516[/QUOTE]

Yep! I absolutely FELL.IN.LOVE the second I walked into the Crystal Room. I cancelled another venue to get OSFS. It's such a pretty place and it fits how quirky we are. Plus, you can't beat their prices. ;)

Are they charging you extra to use that room? I've been having logistical problems trying to come up with a timeline with the seperate ceremony site and it's pretty irritating lol.
  • amw0516amw0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:7a9309be-ca6c-41d5-a5f7-86348fd4a425">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are your vendors? : Yep! I absolutely FELL.IN.LOVE the second I walked into the Crystal Room. I cancelled another venue to get OSFS. It's such a pretty place and it fits how quirky we are. Plus, you can't beat their prices. ;) Are they charging you extra to use that room? I've been having logistical problems trying to come up with a timeline with the seperate ceremony site and it's pretty irritating lol.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

It is $500 extra for the ceremony room and it only holds 140.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amw0516amw0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_vendors-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:7e5c2f60-0813-46d2-9ab5-d8f8801df4b8Post:7349cc39-a9df-4af4-aaff-9a52d63e01c6">Re: Who are your vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Creations Cakes is AMAZING. I mean A-MAZ-ING. They are doing a bass guitar with sheet music for my fiance's cake! And their cake is SO good. Definitely recommend them :-D As far as stationary..we got our invitations from You've Got Paper! They were SO helpful and really worked with us on budget and we love the results and I believe they have stationary items there as well. Tux/Suit for the groom, we are diehard Men's Warehouse fans; fiance's on the tall side so they really accomadated him.
    Posted by mrsvail2011[/QUOTE]

Creations Cakes has been horrible to deal with.  They said they would bring samples I requested to the birdal fair and they forgot so she got our information to mail us the samples the next day.  This was all in September 25, November 8 they said they got their shipment of dry ice in so they could ship us the cake.  It is now December 13 and I haven't heard from them since and still no cake samples.  I heard their cake is amazing so I left them a voicemail for one last chance.  What a hassle
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We absolutely LOVED Perfectly Wrapped Invitations & GIfts (1919 Lockhill Selma, 78213).  they only store that set us set a private appointment anytime that worked for us afterhours, let us take pictures, got of samples of anything we asked for, helped us with the design till we loved it, extend a 20% discount on ALL future purchases (even for friends/relatives) with the purchase of our invites, let us do it on layway, have complimentary drinks and snacks, large area to spread out, keeps a record of everything we looked at so that we could tell them we were on our way and they pulled out where we had left off...the list just goes on and on.  So AWESOME...I would NOT go anywhere else!!!  Laughing

the also now have a website where you can book your honeymoon
    http://perfectlywrapped.dreamtripslife.com/dreamtripslife
    for the areas where it says you need to log in for member pricing, they will either sit with you to look at it or help you get your own website!!! 
    Just got back from a $69.00/pp ALL INCLUSIVE Bahamas Cruise...
    you just can't find that anywhere else!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards