Texas-San Antonio

linens and florist.

I'm looking for good and affordable linen and florist reccomendations. I got quotes for each from my wedding planner and they seemed a bit high for what we want. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: linens and florist.

• edited December 2011

Try San Antonio Budget Bridal.  I've had a good experience with Jennifer thus far.

Anniversary
  • Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Eden's Echo! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I also met with Jennifer at Budget Bridal. She was $300 less than Freesia Designs and Jen also is provided a toss bouqet for free. I have a meeting with Bilsi today just to compare prices.

Budget Bridal quoted me around $650 for pin tuck linens for all my tables and candy buffet, flowers, bouqets, coursages, centerpeices, sweetheart table and uplighting. Im having a small wedding- about 40 people.

Beware- Budget Bridal has terrible reviews online. I know angry brides are more like to review something than happy brides... but her reviews are consistant... she has been LATE by over 2 hrs on several occations. If you book her... which I probably will.... make sure she is setting up the morning of your wedding. I would not recommend being her last stop if she books multiple events on your date. Her reviews for being late were mostly for 5-6pm wedding times....where she got stuck in traffic or lost. I addressed my concerns with Jennifer and even though she has bad reviews. I felt comfortable with her answers. But I am taking extra precautions and talking with other vendors.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My quote for linens from Budget Bridal was actually more than my quote for linens from Affordable Elegance. Their website is http://www.aelegancelinenco.com. Budget's price per table was less but they're set up fees made the total more somehow. Affordable Elegance has better customer ratings too.
  • edited December 2011
    I talked with budget bridal at one of the wedding show and they seemed fairly price but when I checked their reviews I did get a little worried. I will check affrodable elegance. Thank you all for you help.
  • edited December 2011
    Bisli was WAYYY over prices. she quoted me $1500... ppfffffttttttttt. she must be kidding
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Affordable Elegance.  Mayra and her mother are such a pleasure to work with.  Great prices!  My lines are less than $300 for 150 ppl.
  • edited December 2011
    im looking for a one-stop shop. I need custom sewn napkins, plus linens, flowers and lighting...
  • edited December 2011
    I will definately be checking with affordable elegance. My wedding planner quoted me almost $1100.00 for plain black linens, ivory runner and back chair covers with no sashes. (for 170) I'm no expert but that seems kind of high.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my linens at Marquee in Austin at the half off Annual Sale. Check with your planner and see if she knows of any local rental companies that have sales like this in the area.

Also Aztec rental is another place you can check or Comal Rentals in New Braunfels.
  • edited December 2011
    I saw tons of rental places online that charge $25 for table linens and chair covers for tables of 10. The only reason I didnt use them is my hotel is paying for the chaircovers as part of my wedding package and I am upgrading to pin tuck linens for the tables.I think it was Ace Rentals....but Im not sure.
  • edited December 2011
    i found my notes... it was Glamorous Gatherings.. $25 per table including 8 chair covers $25 per table... at 170 people that 20 tables... give or take... looking around $500... over half of what your placed charged.

I have been doing tons of research.... this budget bride is getting major bang for her buck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards