July 2012 Weddings
Options

Damn Migraines!

I have one so bad so I took one of my migraine pills which now make my throat feel tight and the pills make me sleepy.  I will feel normal again in about 30 minutes but it sucks right now.  I only ate 1/2 my turkey wrap for lunch.  Last night I went to kickboxing and felt like I was going to throw up the whole class so I didn't eat dinner last night when I got home.

I am going to take tonight off from working out.  I went the last 2 nights and I am going the next 2 I think 5 days in a row will burn me out.  FI took a mental health day off from work today so we are going to grill up some steaks and have sweet potatoes for dinner.  I feel like I just need a relaxing night with FI and my pooch :) 

Tell me some funny stories to help keep me awake!
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Damn Migraines!

• Options
    Oh god I know what you mean. They're brutal and I always feel like DYING!!! Do you get them often??

I'll have to get back to you on a funny story. Gotta think!! Off to eat lunch now!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my fiance's ex from high school friended me on facebook over the weekend (i have never met her and they literally dated for approx. 2 weeks when they were like 17 so she is irrelevant to me and to his life).

i messaged her and very nicely said "hey girlie! i don't think we have met,  but it looks like we have a lot of mutual friends. i accepted your friendship, hope things are going well!" something to that effect.

she immediately messaged me back and said "i never meant to friend you. i don't want to be your friend. my phone did it on its own." and she unfriended me. 

some girls are so weird. :) 

hope your migraine gets better - headaches are THE WORST! i have actually only had one serious migraine ever, and i seriously thought my brain was about to explode so i went to the doctor and got a shot in my butt. hopefully yours doesn't feel as bad as mine did that day!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:1aacab35-8855-44a6-8caf-557a74914227">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fiance's ex from high school friended me on facebook over the weekend (i have never met her and they literally dated for approx. 2 weeks when they were like 17 so she is irrelevant to me and to his life). i messaged her and very nicely said "hey girlie! i don't think we have met,  but it looks like we have a lot of mutual friends. i accepted your friendship, hope things are going well!" something to that effect. <strong>she immediately messaged me back and said "i never meant to friend you. i don't want to be your friend. my phone did it on its own." and she unfriended me.  some girls are so weird. :)</strong>  hope your migraine gets better - headaches are THE WORST! i have actually only had one serious migraine ever, and i seriously thought my brain was about to explode so i went to the doctor and got a shot in my butt. hopefully yours doesn't feel as bad as mine did that day!  
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

WHAT!

What a total weirdo. If anything she should have just unfriended and you would have (probably) never known, right? Plus, facebook friends does not equal real friends, necessarily.

And LADY, I am SO sorry. I hate migraines! Don't get them that often, but they are so brutal, I feel so bad for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LADY, one of my friends just called me yesterday saying she was in the ER all night last night with a horrific migraine.  She said the pain was unbearable and her fiance told me she was screaming in her sleep.  Scary stuff.... maybe there's something in the air?  (They gave her a CAT scan and it came up clean....)

She said the meds they gave her make her farts smell good.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your migraines.

When I was in high school I went to school with this button up shirt on one day. I'd gone to my locker between classes and after I swung my back pack up to my shoulder I did it in *just* the wrong way so that it caught on the top button and just pulled them all open and BAM my bra was showing for the whole hall to see.

Wait.... I got another one...
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:e84cb075-18c7-4645-a3e6-f52978a874d2">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh god I know what you mean. They're brutal and I always feel like DYING!!! Do you get them often?? I'll have to get back to you on a funny story. Gotta think!! Off to eat lunch now!
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

I get them once or twice a month usually when I have my period which I don't right now but I woke up stuffy this morning so I am thinking it is a sinus headache.  I am feeling better already just a little queasy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:3d465ef5-28ca-42c9-a8aa-4fa9d3b93fe8">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LADY, one of my friends just called me yesterday saying she was in the ER all night last night with a horrific migraine.  She said the pain was unbearable and her fiance told me she was screaming in her sleep.  Scary stuff.... maybe there's something in the air?  (They gave her a CAT scan and it came up clean....) <strong>She said the meds they gave her make her farts smell good.
    </strong>Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Lol OMG this might be the weirdest comment ever I have heard about the smell of farts!!  Luckily my pills make them go away fast but it just sucks for the first 30 minutes after I take them.  I just wish we had nap time at work I was going to leave early but I don't want to make up the time so I am just trying to stick it out!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:1aacab35-8855-44a6-8caf-557a74914227">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fiance's ex from high school friended me on facebook over the weekend (i have never met her and they literally dated for approx. 2 weeks when they were like 17 so she is irrelevant to me and to his life). i messaged her and very nicely said "hey girlie! i don't think we have met,  but it looks like we have a lot of mutual friends. i accepted your friendship, hope things are going well!" something to that effect. she immediately messaged me back and said "i never meant to friend you. i don't want to be your friend. my phone did it on its own." and she unfriended me.  some girls are so weird. :)  hope your migraine gets better - headaches are THE WORST! i have actually only had one serious migraine ever, and i seriously thought my brain was about to explode so i went to the doctor and got a shot in my butt. hopefully yours doesn't feel as bad as mine did that day!  

So random I bet she was on her phone stalking you and accidentally hit the friend request button. 
  • Options
    In college the founder of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales, came and spoke to us. I was in the auditorium and my cell phone started going off.. which was awful because I'd actually turned it off! But I'd sat down in just the wrong way as to push the buttons that not only turned it on, but pocket dialed someone on speakphone. Redfaced, I was fumbling trying to turn it off and someone behind me hissed "Take out the battery!" so I tried...

And my battery and the back of my phone flew across the auditorium floor. Jimmy Wales and everyone stopped and looked at me while I tried to pick them up and he paused his speech until I sat back down.

So not kidding.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:01291b1d-b760-43dc-b851-b33af198f05d">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry about your migraines. When I was in high school I went to school with this button up shirt on one day. I'd gone to my locker between classes and after I swung my back pack up to my shoulder I did it in *just* the wrong way so that it caught on the top button and just pulled them all open and BAM my bra was showing for the whole hall to see. Wait.... I got another one...
    Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]

Omg that is so embarrassing!  When I was in 6th grade I got my period.  I didn't carry a purse yet so when I had my period I used to wear a fanny pack to the bathroom to hold my pads.  Lol well one day a girl asked me what I had in my fanny pack and I told her candy.  She asked if she could have some and I just flat out said no lol. 
  • Options
    Migrains are the worst! I have them very rarely, but when I do, the only thing that helps is sleep. Just give in!

I quit my job today. But I guess that's not really funny. Not as funny as artyfarty pills :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I've preached going off birth control before and I'll preach it again, haha. I've heard from so many friends that their migraines stopped after they stopped BCP. I've never had migraines, but I definitely get less headaches off of the pill. *stepping off my soapbox now*

As for a funny story...

Condom. In my dog's poop. Enough said. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:51a22573-514f-4a0d-bd14-09b523b64ac1">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Migrains are the worst! I have them very rarely, but when I do, the only thing that helps is sleep. Just give in!<strong> I quit my job today.</strong> But I guess that's not really funny. Not as funny as artyfarty pills :)
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Daaaaannngggg what happened??

</div>
  • Options

other than discussing the headache that lady is suffering from....this might be the funniest thread ever.

meagan - does your photo mean that your dog actually ATE a condom?!?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:5861b732-c94e-4368-8f3d-123e2a30e394">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I've preached going off birth control before and I'll preach it again, haha. I've heard from so many friends that their migraines stopped after they stopped BCP. I've never had migraines, but I definitely get less headaches off of the pill. *stepping off my soapbox now* As for a funny story... Condom. In my dog's poop. Enough said. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Lol omg I thought I would never see that pic again Meagan!!!!!  I would love to stop birth control pills but I have nightmares about getting pregnant and not being able to fit into my dress.  I would rather deal with migraines then an accidental kid right now lol.  FI knows as soon as we get back from the HM I am finishing whatever pack I am on then I am done!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:35f696c7-1717-447e-b464-d59a45fa0614">Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE] FI took a mental health day off from work today so we are going to grill up some steaks and have sweet potatoes for dinner.  I feel like I just need a relaxing night with FI and my pooch :)  Tell me some funny stories to help keep me awake!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

That sounds absolutely lovely. :o)

As for the migraines, I totally hear ya. I haven't been getting bad migraines recently - but I've had a ton of headaches. I've found that putting myself in the dark bathroom and deep breathing helps until the ibuprofen kicks in. Who knows why. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:515e2f74-3f09-4a69-8033-8213430ee2a6">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]other than discussing the headache that lady is suffering from....this might be the funniest thread ever. meagan - does your photo mean that your dog actually ATE a condom?!?
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>hahaha....yeah I told the story a couple months ago. Basically my mom and step dad (who's really like my real dad) are recently divorced. I left one of my dogs at his house while FI and I went to see his family for Christmas. I picked her up on a Sunday and on a Monday she pooped out the condom. Horrifying. For so many reasons.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:56b118ed-8f5a-414e-9c40-a1eb77dcea7c">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Migraines! : Daaaaannngggg what happened??

<div>Nothing in particular, but it was a really bad fit and I had pain in my stomach every day because I dreaded it so much. And i know I'll be healthier and happier this way. I'm so lucky to have a FI that totally supports me. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have some things lined up, nothing for sure though. I have a job interview this Friday, so that's exciting.</div><div>
    </div><div>Things are a bit different here (Belgium) than in the US. The economy is not as deep in the gutter as over there, there are still jobs available. And both employee and employer have to give notice well in advance. The office is sorting things out for me, but I'll probably will be stuck there at least until May 15th (which is good, gives me time to search and some more pay checks).</div>
  • Options
    And I totally understand being scared of getting pregnant before the wedding, Carly, it's definitely not for everyone :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:4a69a7c1-90b9-426e-a29f-42a6807f83c9">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Migraines! : hahaha....yeah I told the story a couple months ago. Basically my mom and step dad (who's really like my real dad) are recently divorced. I left one of my dogs at his house while FI and I went to see his family for Christmas. I picked her up on a Sunday and on a Monday she pooped out the condom. Horrifying. For so many reasons.

<div>Yeah, I remember that, it's by far the grossest story I ever heard. </div><div>
    </div><div>About the BC, hand me the soap box. I'd recommend an IUD (for the long term) or the Nuvaring (for those who want to have kids sooner) to anyone. Much lower doses, less side effects. Yay! I loved the IUD - for me it meant no more period, and since I tend to forget things, it was really easy.</div>
  • Options
    ElinetrouwtElinetrouwt member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Also, these might help against your migraines. Baby Otters!

• Options
    i am really curious about the nuvaring - does anyone use it? i am so tired of taking tiny little pills, it isn't even funny. i dropped one down the sink last week and i just got so annoyed with the whole idea of them.
  • Options
    One of my good friends uses the nuvaring and loves it. I thought about getting that instead of stopping everything but it still uses hormones. It is less though so I'm sure it's not the same. I've been doing the fertility awareness method where you chart your temperatures and abstain from sex when you're fertile. It's worked so far! *knock on wood* But I could see how it wouldn't work for everyone. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:848ccade-4149-49ca-85a4-46145b7fdbf3">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am really curious about the nuvaring - does anyone use it? i am so tired of taking tiny little pills, it isn't even funny. i dropped one down the sink last week and i just got so annoyed with the whole idea of them.

<div>I'm using them now, and I find them pretty easy. It's a bit weird at first, but I got used to it really quickly. You really don't feel them at all.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:848ccade-4149-49ca-85a4-46145b7fdbf3">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am really curious about the nuvaring - does anyone use it? i am so tired of taking tiny little pills, it isn't even funny. i dropped one down the sink last week and i just got so annoyed with the whole idea of them.

I do!! I love it! I cannot even imagine taking pills everyday- I know I'll forget to take them.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Migraines do suck, I get them all the time!! Drink a can of coke!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This thread has ADD
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think we are all delirious!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_damn-migraines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3c74c767-3710-4bdb-8ffa-6f176e7a4449Post:24190928-cf66-43a1-8bdf-688deff7dbcb">Re: Damn Migraines!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This thread has ADD
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>hahahahhahahaha</div>
  • Options
    Migraines do suck. I just recently started getting them often (like once a week) and had to get meds. Thank g-d for them.

As for BC, I wish I could go off it but I'm actually on it for a medical reason. I get really sick during my periods if I'm not on it, plus I have a history of ovarian cysts. Even with the pill my cramps are worse than most people. Without it, forget it. I can't function for at least three days and no other meds help. And I never want to have another cyst again. I literally went blind from the pain, scariest thing ever. Luckily they found a pill for me that helps both. But I have to be really careful because some BC can actually cause cysts.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards