Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

What airline do you prefer to use when traveling?

What do you like most about your engagement ring?

What was/is your something old?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? Eh...probably Southwest?  I hate flying and I don't fly unless I absolutely have to.

What do you like most about your engagement ring? The center stone is a family stone from FI's mom's family.  FMIL gifted it to him to give to me because she said I was so like her.  I was incredibly touched.

What was/is your something old? Pearl earrings that belong to my paternal grandmother, and a pearl brooch for my bouquet that belonged to my maternal grandmother (now deceased).  So I carry a little of each of them with me.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling?  If I have a choice, JetBlue. 

What do you like most about your engagement ring?  I don't have an engagement ring, but I love the celtic knots engraved into my wedding band.

What was/is your something old?  My mom's pearl necklace.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't really care, whichever is cheapest. However, I will never fly AirTran again.

That it's small. I hate big "look at me" rings.

A bracelet from my great-grandma. It was passed on to my aunt, who gave it to me after the wedding as a gift.
  • Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? I don't fly enough to have a preferred airline. I've never really had a bad experience, but I've only flown a few times. 

What do you like most about your engagement ring? Everything, but mostly it's retro vibe.

What was/is your something old? I have no idea. I don't even know that I care to do the something old, blue...lamer...loo thingy. It's just not my thing. I have a feeling my mom will have me borrow something of hers to take care of it, just to make sure I'm "covered" as far as tradition goes.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AA or Delta.  I have frequent miles with both.  Delta because it's HQ'ed here, and I can fly direct almost anywhere.  AA because they go everywhere I go.  

Everything.  I love the stone, I love the way it looks on my hand, I love the way it fits perfectly with my wedding band, everything.  

My grandmother made my veil, and she added lace from both her and my mother's wedding gowns.  It was really special.  

• Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? The cheapest, because I really don't care, I don't fly that often, and I don't fly that far.

What do you like most about your engagement ring? I like that it isn't solitaire, and that it's white gold. I wanted a little something next to the main diamond. I also like that it's not a huge rock, I'm a little person

What was/is your something old? My grandmother that passed away in 07 had this diamond face watch. I got the band removed and put a new band, so the face was my something old. I also had one of her rings made into my wedding band. This was my favorite thing :-)

• Options
    Allegiant Air is usually pretty cheap.  It goes from MT (it's a 5 hour drive to get me there- boo) straight to LAX (then a 3 hour drive to parents house) But, for $80 each direction and not having to sit in Denver for hours makes the drive time worth it.

I don't have one yet.  Though I know what the stone is.  BF and I picked it out together and picked out 3 rings.  It is up to him to decide which one he wants.  It will be solitaire.

No idea yet

dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling?   I don't care but I'd like to try Virgin since they're supposed to be so focused on customer comfort & satisfaction. Traveling just sucks these days.

What do you like most about your engagement ring?  FI picked it out all by himself. It's also loaded with mini diamonds all around the center one (micropave I guess this is called?) Either way - it sparkles like a mofo.

What was/is your something old?  I don't have one???
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Buttons, you look so pretty in your sig pic. I love the blue flowers!
  • Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? JetBlue!

What do you like most about your engagement ring? It's atypical and also not what's "in" right now.

What was/is your something old? A pendant I used to wear as a kid.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I usually go with US Airways because I have a frequent flyer account with them but I used Lufthansa when I went to Italy and loved them, I would definitely travel with them first if they went where ever I was going. 

The quality of the stone. I didn't care about the size at all I just wanted the stone to be of the best quality DH could afford. He did great, my ring is only a little over 1 carat but has superior quality.

A pearl necklace given to me by my Grandmother for my high school graduation which was given to her by her father for her 16th birthday (she'll be 80 in June).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-114?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b40d1f10-9e1a-458d-abe6-462d807576ddPost:c06b0325-e8cd-4040-80a3-192f043688d1">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? I usually go with US Airways because I have a frequent flyer account with them but I used Lufthansa when I went to Italy and loved them, I would definitely travel with them first if they went where ever I was going.  What do you like most about your engagement ring? The quality of the stone. I didn't care about the size at all I just wanted the stone to be of the best quality DH could afford. He did great, <strong>my ring is only a little over 1 carat but has superior quality</strong>. What was/is your something old? A pearl necklace given to me by my Grandmother for my high school graduation which was given to her by her father for her 16th birthday (she'll be 80 in June).
    Posted by rainedrop6[/QUOTE]

WooWoo!  I wanna see :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-114?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b40d1f10-9e1a-458d-abe6-462d807576ddPost:2edf6309-4c8d-4e5f-81c6-f7df88221101">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What airline do you prefer to use when traveling? The cheapest, because I really don't care, I don't fly that often, and I don't fly that far. 
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]
    We thought this way and ended up on Continental in March.  It was the worst flight I've ever taken.  Ever!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rereading that, I may have given the wrong impression. I didn't mean for it to sound like it's a colorless, flawless, excellent cut, perfect diamond because it is not. I just meant he put more emphasis on the quality then size which is what was more important to me. I didn't mean superior as in it's better than all the rest but just superior to the ones we looked at together which made me happy. I guess I should have worded that a little differently. We did see a 1 carat flawless, colorless at Tiffany while we were Christmas shopping last year but unfortunately his budget wasn't even a fraction of it's $35K price tag.
  • Options
    I am all about United.  I get grumpy whenever I have to fly Spirit.
    What do you like most about your engagement ring? That is unique.  I have a sapphire with little diamonds around it.  I love how it looks in the sunshine too.

What was/is your something old?  I'm wearing my FI's mom's pearls who passed away 7 years ago.  Technically they are "borrowed" too so I am open to a different something old.  I'm tempted to wear some old panties and tell people that's my something old on the day of if they ask. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-114?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b40d1f10-9e1a-458d-abe6-462d807576ddPost:b5758822-71a5-4d2d-9cf7-a4f5ad9a0404">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rereading that, I may have given the wrong impression. I didn't mean for it to sound like it's a colorless, flawless, excellent cut, perfect diamond because it is not. I just meant he put more emphasis on the quality then size which is what was more important to me. I didn't mean superior as in it's better than all the rest but just superior to the ones we looked at together which made me happy. I guess I should have worded that a little differently. We did see a 1 carat flawless, colorless at Tiffany while we were Christmas shopping last year but unfortunately his budget wasn't even a fraction of it's $35K price tag.
    Posted by rainedrop6[/QUOTE]

I didn't think you meant better than anything else.  Quality is important and more people are worried about size for their social status.  And $35k is an insane amount of money to spend on a ring, even if it is there forever.
  • Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling?It's usually Delta but whatever is cheapest.
    What do you like most about your engagement ring?That it's on my finger!  After 10 years it really could have been a string tied on my finger and I would have loved it just as much.  DH went above and beyond on this one.
    What was/is your something old?I had a vintage hanky given to me by my MIL and my six pence was given to my sister on her wedding day by our deceased Granny.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What airline do you prefer to use when traveling?  I hate flying - haven't been on a plane in a little over 3 years now. 

What do you like most about your engagement ring? the quality is very good (a D on the color scale!), but it wasn't too expensive.  FI went for quality over size, which is great anyway becaue my fingers are tiny.

What was/is your something old? Don't know yet.  Hopefully a necklace from someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards